Jul 25, 2014, 12:01 AM EDT
Matt Bonner isn’t exactly the first name that comes to mind when thinking of the Spurs and their championship success. But when you think about it, his hard work and selfless sacrifice for the betterment of the team exemplifies San Antonio’s message as well as anyone on the roster.
Bonner is part of a group of players taking the Larry O’Brien championship trophy on tour this summer — Manu Ginobili is taking it to Argentina, and Patty Mills and Aron Baynes are bringing it to Australia.
The video clip above shows highlights of Bonner’s visit back to his home town of Concord, New Hampshire, and it’s every bit as low-key as you might expect.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 28
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18