Jul 25, 2014, 12:01 AM EDT
Matt Bonner isn’t exactly the first name that comes to mind when thinking of the Spurs and their championship success. But when you think about it, his hard work and selfless sacrifice for the betterment of the team exemplifies San Antonio’s message as well as anyone on the roster.
Bonner is part of a group of players taking the Larry O’Brien championship trophy on tour this summer — Manu Ginobili is taking it to Argentina, and Patty Mills and Aron Baynes are bringing it to Australia.
The video clip above shows highlights of Bonner’s visit back to his home town of Concord, New Hampshire, and it’s every bit as low-key as you might expect.
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 7
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 7
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 19
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 6
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 23
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 64