Jul 25, 2014, 12:01 AM EDT
Matt Bonner isn’t exactly the first name that comes to mind when thinking of the Spurs and their championship success. But when you think about it, his hard work and selfless sacrifice for the betterment of the team exemplifies San Antonio’s message as well as anyone on the roster.
Bonner is part of a group of players taking the Larry O’Brien championship trophy on tour this summer — Manu Ginobili is taking it to Argentina, and Patty Mills and Aron Baynes are bringing it to Australia.
The video clip above shows highlights of Bonner’s visit back to his home town of Concord, New Hampshire, and it’s every bit as low-key as you might expect.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 0
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 0
- Dwight Howard’s drivers’ license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 7
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 48
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29