Jul 25, 2014, 12:01 AM EDT
Matt Bonner isn’t exactly the first name that comes to mind when thinking of the Spurs and their championship success. But when you think about it, his hard work and selfless sacrifice for the betterment of the team exemplifies San Antonio’s message as well as anyone on the roster.
Bonner is part of a group of players taking the Larry O’Brien championship trophy on tour this summer — Manu Ginobili is taking it to Argentina, and Patty Mills and Aron Baynes are bringing it to Australia.
The video clip above shows highlights of Bonner’s visit back to his home town of Concord, New Hampshire, and it’s every bit as low-key as you might expect.
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 1
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 31
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40