Jul 25, 2014, 12:01 AM EST
Matt Bonner isn’t exactly the first name that comes to mind when thinking of the Spurs and their championship success. But when you think about it, his hard work and selfless sacrifice for the betterment of the team exemplifies San Antonio’s message as well as anyone on the roster.
Bonner is part of a group of players taking the Larry O’Brien championship trophy on tour this summer — Manu Ginobili is taking it to Argentina, and Patty Mills and Aron Baynes are bringing it to Australia.
The video clip above shows highlights of Bonner’s visit back to his home town of Concord, New Hampshire, and it’s every bit as low-key as you might expect.
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 5
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 5
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9