Jul 25, 2014, 3:05 PM EDT
Why did the Lakers take so long to offer Byron Scott their head-coaching job?
LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony were long off the market, halting a plan to let them choose the next coach in Los Angeles.
By the end, Scott appeared to be the only plan left.
But maybe George Karl, who had definite interest, remained under consideration.
Ramona Shelburne of ESPN:
Karl deserves a head-coaching job in this league. He might be difficult, but he knows his Xs and Os, and he’s proven that over many years. At some point, I believe he’ll get another shot, but if he can’t beat out Scott, I don’t know.
For Lakers fans, I’ll leave you with this Heywood Broun quote:
The tragedy of life is not that man loses but that he almost wins.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 5
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48