Jul 25, 2014, 3:05 PM EST
Why did the Lakers take so long to offer Byron Scott their head-coaching job?
LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony were long off the market, halting a plan to let them choose the next coach in Los Angeles.
By the end, Scott appeared to be the only plan left.
But maybe George Karl, who had definite interest, remained under consideration.
Ramona Shelburne of ESPN:
Karl deserves a head-coaching job in this league. He might be difficult, but he knows his Xs and Os, and he’s proven that over many years. At some point, I believe he’ll get another shot, but if he can’t beat out Scott, I don’t know.
For Lakers fans, I’ll leave you with this Heywood Broun quote:
The tragedy of life is not that man loses but that he almost wins.
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 1
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 10
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 12
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 45
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 22