Jul 25, 2014, 3:05 PM EDT
Why did the Lakers take so long to offer Byron Scott their head-coaching job?
LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony were long off the market, halting a plan to let them choose the next coach in Los Angeles.
By the end, Scott appeared to be the only plan left.
But maybe George Karl, who had definite interest, remained under consideration.
Ramona Shelburne of ESPN:
Karl deserves a head-coaching job in this league. He might be difficult, but he knows his Xs and Os, and he’s proven that over many years. At some point, I believe he’ll get another shot, but if he can’t beat out Scott, I don’t know.
For Lakers fans, I’ll leave you with this Heywood Broun quote:
The tragedy of life is not that man loses but that he almost wins.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 17
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 55
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19