Jul 25, 2014, 3:05 PM EDT
Why did the Lakers take so long to offer Byron Scott their head-coaching job?
LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony were long off the market, halting a plan to let them choose the next coach in Los Angeles.
By the end, Scott appeared to be the only plan left.
But maybe George Karl, who had definite interest, remained under consideration.
Ramona Shelburne of ESPN:
Karl deserves a head-coaching job in this league. He might be difficult, but he knows his Xs and Os, and he’s proven that over many years. At some point, I believe he’ll get another shot, but if he can’t beat out Scott, I don’t know.
For Lakers fans, I’ll leave you with this Heywood Broun quote:
The tragedy of life is not that man loses but that he almost wins.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 3
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29