Jul 25, 2014, 10:33 AM EDT
At the time, a national outlet devoting so many resources to a single team was unheard of.
How about a reporter devoted to a single player?
Northeast Ohio Media Group, which represents The Plain Dealer in Cleveland, is seeking someone for a position called “Sports Reporter – LeBron James Beat.” The job description:
Bring your sports, news and investigative reporting experience to one of the most challenging reporting jobs in the country, covering the sports performance, business dealings and community leadership of basketball star LeBron James. You’ll cover all aspects of his roles in Northeast Ohio and nationally as he returns to the Cleveland Cavaliers, writing, creating videos, and posting across multiple platforms including all relevant types of social media. You’ll also participate in broadcasts where you discuss James, working closely with reporters assigned to cover the Cavaliers and the NBA.
With LeBron, the Cavaliers will definitely have the brightest spotlight in the NBA. But I’ve wondered whether they will become more prominent than the Heat were.
This job is certainly an indication they will.
By the way, if you want to apply, here’s the form.
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 0
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 21
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 41
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2