Jul 25, 2014, 10:33 AM EDT
At the time, a national outlet devoting so many resources to a single team was unheard of.
How about a reporter devoted to a single player?
Northeast Ohio Media Group, which represents The Plain Dealer in Cleveland, is seeking someone for a position called “Sports Reporter – LeBron James Beat.” The job description:
Bring your sports, news and investigative reporting experience to one of the most challenging reporting jobs in the country, covering the sports performance, business dealings and community leadership of basketball star LeBron James. You’ll cover all aspects of his roles in Northeast Ohio and nationally as he returns to the Cleveland Cavaliers, writing, creating videos, and posting across multiple platforms including all relevant types of social media. You’ll also participate in broadcasts where you discuss James, working closely with reporters assigned to cover the Cavaliers and the NBA.
With LeBron, the Cavaliers will definitely have the brightest spotlight in the NBA. But I’ve wondered whether they will become more prominent than the Heat were.
This job is certainly an indication they will.
By the way, if you want to apply, here’s the form.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 3
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 19
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49