Jul 25, 2014, 10:33 AM EDT
At the time, a national outlet devoting so many resources to a single team was unheard of.
How about a reporter devoted to a single player?
Northeast Ohio Media Group, which represents The Plain Dealer in Cleveland, is seeking someone for a position called “Sports Reporter – LeBron James Beat.” The job description:
Bring your sports, news and investigative reporting experience to one of the most challenging reporting jobs in the country, covering the sports performance, business dealings and community leadership of basketball star LeBron James. You’ll cover all aspects of his roles in Northeast Ohio and nationally as he returns to the Cleveland Cavaliers, writing, creating videos, and posting across multiple platforms including all relevant types of social media. You’ll also participate in broadcasts where you discuss James, working closely with reporters assigned to cover the Cavaliers and the NBA.
With LeBron, the Cavaliers will definitely have the brightest spotlight in the NBA. But I’ve wondered whether they will become more prominent than the Heat were.
This job is certainly an indication they will.
By the way, if you want to apply, here’s the form.
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 2
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 5
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 9
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 7