Jul 25, 2014, 10:33 AM EST
At the time, a national outlet devoting so many resources to a single team was unheard of.
How about a reporter devoted to a single player?
Northeast Ohio Media Group, which represents The Plain Dealer in Cleveland, is seeking someone for a position called “Sports Reporter – LeBron James Beat.” The job description:
Bring your sports, news and investigative reporting experience to one of the most challenging reporting jobs in the country, covering the sports performance, business dealings and community leadership of basketball star LeBron James. You’ll cover all aspects of his roles in Northeast Ohio and nationally as he returns to the Cleveland Cavaliers, writing, creating videos, and posting across multiple platforms including all relevant types of social media. You’ll also participate in broadcasts where you discuss James, working closely with reporters assigned to cover the Cavaliers and the NBA.
With LeBron, the Cavaliers will definitely have the brightest spotlight in the NBA. But I’ve wondered whether they will become more prominent than the Heat were.
This job is certainly an indication they will.
By the way, if you want to apply, here’s the form.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 0
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1