Jul 25, 2014, 10:33 AM EDT
At the time, a national outlet devoting so many resources to a single team was unheard of.
How about a reporter devoted to a single player?
Northeast Ohio Media Group, which represents The Plain Dealer in Cleveland, is seeking someone for a position called “Sports Reporter – LeBron James Beat.” The job description:
Bring your sports, news and investigative reporting experience to one of the most challenging reporting jobs in the country, covering the sports performance, business dealings and community leadership of basketball star LeBron James. You’ll cover all aspects of his roles in Northeast Ohio and nationally as he returns to the Cleveland Cavaliers, writing, creating videos, and posting across multiple platforms including all relevant types of social media. You’ll also participate in broadcasts where you discuss James, working closely with reporters assigned to cover the Cavaliers and the NBA.
With LeBron, the Cavaliers will definitely have the brightest spotlight in the NBA. But I’ve wondered whether they will become more prominent than the Heat were.
This job is certainly an indication they will.
By the way, if you want to apply, here’s the form.
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 0
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 12
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10