Jul 25, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
That is one big strike zone.
Dirk Nowitzki didn’t exactly grow up playing baseball, but he’s adapted to all things Texas and America (or a lot of them anyway) including the “national pastime” (which I think is really football, but that’s another discussion for another time).
Nowitzki got together other celebrities such as Tony Romo and Jason Terry for a charity baseball game to raise money for the Heroes Foundation and the Dirk Nowitzki Foundation.
You can see Nowitzki get hitting advice from a mascot… and actually take it.
What matters is a fun time was had by all and the money went to a good cause. And 50 Cent didn’t throw out the first pitch.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 8
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 42
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11