Jul 24, 2014, 12:01 AM EST
But if you want to read between the lines, this sure sounds as if Allen – health permitting – has already made up his mind.
Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe:
Allen is in remarkably good condition for a 39-year-old, but he’s also still 39. At some point, his body will prevent him from either playing at NBA level or to his personal standards. I’m not sure which threshold is lower.
However, if he plays next season, following LeBron James to Cleveland makes a lot of sense. Allen shot 40 percent on 3-pointers with LeBron on the court last season and 32 percent without LeBron.
If Allen is worried about declining, LeBron’s ability to attract opposing defenses sure would give Allen a nice buffer.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 3
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 17
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17