Jul 24, 2014, 12:01 AM EDT
But if you want to read between the lines, this sure sounds as if Allen – health permitting – has already made up his mind.
Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe:
Allen is in remarkably good condition for a 39-year-old, but he’s also still 39. At some point, his body will prevent him from either playing at NBA level or to his personal standards. I’m not sure which threshold is lower.
However, if he plays next season, following LeBron James to Cleveland makes a lot of sense. Allen shot 40 percent on 3-pointers with LeBron on the court last season and 32 percent without LeBron.
If Allen is worried about declining, LeBron’s ability to attract opposing defenses sure would give Allen a nice buffer.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 61
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 71
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8