Jul 24, 2014, 12:01 AM EST
But if you want to read between the lines, this sure sounds as if Allen – health permitting – has already made up his mind.
Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe:
Allen is in remarkably good condition for a 39-year-old, but he’s also still 39. At some point, his body will prevent him from either playing at NBA level or to his personal standards. I’m not sure which threshold is lower.
However, if he plays next season, following LeBron James to Cleveland makes a lot of sense. Allen shot 40 percent on 3-pointers with LeBron on the court last season and 32 percent without LeBron.
If Allen is worried about declining, LeBron’s ability to attract opposing defenses sure would give Allen a nice buffer.
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 2
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 6
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60