Jul 24, 2014, 12:01 AM EDT
But if you want to read between the lines, this sure sounds as if Allen – health permitting – has already made up his mind.
Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe:
Allen is in remarkably good condition for a 39-year-old, but he’s also still 39. At some point, his body will prevent him from either playing at NBA level or to his personal standards. I’m not sure which threshold is lower.
However, if he plays next season, following LeBron James to Cleveland makes a lot of sense. Allen shot 40 percent on 3-pointers with LeBron on the court last season and 32 percent without LeBron.
If Allen is worried about declining, LeBron’s ability to attract opposing defenses sure would give Allen a nice buffer.
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 0
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 5
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10
- LeBron James lifts Kyrie Irving and Cavaliers to 3-0 lead over Celtics 13
- PBT Extra: Thin bench becomes big issue for Clippers against Spurs 7