Jul 24, 2014, 12:01 AM EDT
But if you want to read between the lines, this sure sounds as if Allen – health permitting – has already made up his mind.
Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe:
Allen is in remarkably good condition for a 39-year-old, but he’s also still 39. At some point, his body will prevent him from either playing at NBA level or to his personal standards. I’m not sure which threshold is lower.
However, if he plays next season, following LeBron James to Cleveland makes a lot of sense. Allen shot 40 percent on 3-pointers with LeBron on the court last season and 32 percent without LeBron.
If Allen is worried about declining, LeBron’s ability to attract opposing defenses sure would give Allen a nice buffer.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 7
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 10
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8