Jul 24, 2014, 10:33 AM EDT
Twelve of the last 13 ACC Player of the Year winners have signed in the NBA.
Shane Battier, Joseph Forte, Juan Dixon, Josh Howard, Julius Hodge, J. J. Redick (who won twice), Jared Dudley, Tyler Hansbrough, Ty Lawson, Greivis Vasquez, Nolan Smith, Tyler Zeller and Shane Larkin have all played in the NBA, and 2014 No. 14 draft pick T. J. Warren has already signed his rookie-scale contract.
Soon, it will be 13-for-13.
Nikos Varlas of Eurohoops:
According to Eurohoops sources, Green is ready to sign a multi-year deal with the Denver Nuggets
Green will likely settle in as Denver’s third point guard behind Ty Lawson and Nate Robinson. The 23-year-old is a talented scorer, but there are questions about how effective a 6-foot-3 scoring guard can be in the NBA. At least Green minimizes some of the concerns by doing an exception job of protecting the basketball.
Robinson is entering the final year of his contract, and if all goes well, Green will be ready to replace him as backup point guard the following season. However, it’s possible Green tops out as a third guard.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 19
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 27
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 51
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18