Jul 24, 2014, 10:33 AM EDT
Twelve of the last 13 ACC Player of the Year winners have signed in the NBA.
Shane Battier, Joseph Forte, Juan Dixon, Josh Howard, Julius Hodge, J. J. Redick (who won twice), Jared Dudley, Tyler Hansbrough, Ty Lawson, Greivis Vasquez, Nolan Smith, Tyler Zeller and Shane Larkin have all played in the NBA, and 2014 No. 14 draft pick T. J. Warren has already signed his rookie-scale contract.
Soon, it will be 13-for-13.
Nikos Varlas of Eurohoops:
According to Eurohoops sources, Green is ready to sign a multi-year deal with the Denver Nuggets
Green will likely settle in as Denver’s third point guard behind Ty Lawson and Nate Robinson. The 23-year-old is a talented scorer, but there are questions about how effective a 6-foot-3 scoring guard can be in the NBA. At least Green minimizes some of the concerns by doing an exception job of protecting the basketball.
Robinson is entering the final year of his contract, and if all goes well, Green will be ready to replace him as backup point guard the following season. However, it’s possible Green tops out as a third guard.
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 0
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 4
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 21
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 10
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 54
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56