Jul 24, 2014, 10:33 AM EDT
Twelve of the last 13 ACC Player of the Year winners have signed in the NBA.
Shane Battier, Joseph Forte, Juan Dixon, Josh Howard, Julius Hodge, J. J. Redick (who won twice), Jared Dudley, Tyler Hansbrough, Ty Lawson, Greivis Vasquez, Nolan Smith, Tyler Zeller and Shane Larkin have all played in the NBA, and 2014 No. 14 draft pick T. J. Warren has already signed his rookie-scale contract.
Soon, it will be 13-for-13.
Nikos Varlas of Eurohoops:
According to Eurohoops sources, Green is ready to sign a multi-year deal with the Denver Nuggets
Green will likely settle in as Denver’s third point guard behind Ty Lawson and Nate Robinson. The 23-year-old is a talented scorer, but there are questions about how effective a 6-foot-3 scoring guard can be in the NBA. At least Green minimizes some of the concerns by doing an exception job of protecting the basketball.
Robinson is entering the final year of his contract, and if all goes well, Green will be ready to replace him as backup point guard the following season. However, it’s possible Green tops out as a third guard.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 72
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20