Jul 24, 2014, 1:00 AM EDT
The Knicks bid to become the Lakers of the East has hit another roadblock.
In the last five months, New York has waived three of Phil Jackson’s former players from Los Angeles:
- Metta World Peace was actually waived before the Knicks hired Jackson (though he might return).
- Lamar Odom couldn’t meet Jackson’s standards.
- And now Shannon Brown exits New York, too.
The Knicks better hope not every Laker circa 2010 has lost his touch. They desperately need Jackson to be on the mark.
- PBT Extra: Spurs lead Texas winners in NBA Free Agency 0
- J.J. Redick: Clippers deserve “F” for free agency after losing DeAndre Jordan 22
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 18
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 18
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 24
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 80