Jul 24, 2014, 1:00 AM EDT
The Knicks bid to become the Lakers of the East has hit another roadblock.
In the last five months, New York has waived three of Phil Jackson’s former players from Los Angeles:
- Metta World Peace was actually waived before the Knicks hired Jackson (though he might return).
- Lamar Odom couldn’t meet Jackson’s standards.
- And now Shannon Brown exits New York, too.
The Knicks better hope not every Laker circa 2010 has lost his touch. They desperately need Jackson to be on the mark.
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 0
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 12
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14