Jul 24, 2014, 1:00 AM EST
The Knicks bid to become the Lakers of the East has hit another roadblock.
In the last five months, New York has waived three of Phil Jackson’s former players from Los Angeles:
- Metta World Peace was actually waived before the Knicks hired Jackson (though he might return).
- Lamar Odom couldn’t meet Jackson’s standards.
- And now Shannon Brown exits New York, too.
The Knicks better hope not every Laker circa 2010 has lost his touch. They desperately need Jackson to be on the mark.
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 15
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 7
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 36
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 53
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 11
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 43
- Derrick Rose is hurt again. Where do the Bulls go from here? 28