Jul 24, 2014, 1:00 AM EST
The Knicks bid to become the Lakers of the East has hit another roadblock.
In the last five months, New York has waived three of Phil Jackson’s former players from Los Angeles:
- Metta World Peace was actually waived before the Knicks hired Jackson (though he might return).
- Lamar Odom couldn’t meet Jackson’s standards.
- And now Shannon Brown exits New York, too.
The Knicks better hope not every Laker circa 2010 has lost his touch. They desperately need Jackson to be on the mark.
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 0
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 9
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 43
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 22
- Grizzlies snap Warriors’ 16-game winning streak 4