Jul 24, 2014, 1:00 AM EDT
The Knicks bid to become the Lakers of the East has hit another roadblock.
In the last five months, New York has waived three of Phil Jackson’s former players from Los Angeles:
- Metta World Peace was actually waived before the Knicks hired Jackson (though he might return).
- Lamar Odom couldn’t meet Jackson’s standards.
- And now Shannon Brown exits New York, too.
The Knicks better hope not every Laker circa 2010 has lost his touch. They desperately need Jackson to be on the mark.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 0
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 10
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 11
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 5
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 47
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7