Jul 24, 2014, 9:22 AM EST
I’m not keen on typecasting players by position, but let’s say you insist on having a passing point guard. Would you rather have:
- Player A: 32.2 assist percentage, 14.3 turnover percentage
- Player B: 21.9 assist percentage, 14.3 turnover percentage
Yeah, I don’t know either.
Thomas averaged 20.3 points and 6.3 assists per game last season, but that still wasn’t good enough for Sacramento, which let its starting point guard join the Suns after signing Collison.
I’m sure Thomas felt wanted in Phoenix, but that’s not the only reason he wound up with the Suns.
Yet, the Kings seemed to look for someone to replace Thomas at every opportunity.
“They were,” he said matter-of-factly. “I felt very disrespected. Every year it was somebody new. I felt I did a good enough job to show them I was a starting point guard or a guy who could play a big role with their team. But they thought differently.
I believe Sacramento will regret treating Thomas this way, and he’ll obviously use this as motivation.
Not that he needs anymore.
At just 5-foot-9, Thomas was drafted with the final pick of the 2011 NBA draft. He had to claw just to make the NBA after being selected, let alone stick in the league.
He’s had many doubters along the way – including, apparently, the team that gave him his first NBA opportunity.
Dec 27, 2014, 12:45 AM EST
Lob City comes to Sacramento.
Dec 27, 2014, 12:00 AM EST
Moses Malone is up next.
Dec 26, 2014, 11:15 PM EST
Should have had a three-point opportunity, too.
Dec 26, 2014, 10:30 PM EST
He isn’t human.
Dec 26, 2014, 9:45 PM EST
Hopefully there are more of these and fewer threes.
Dec 26, 2014, 9:00 PM EST
Not good news for the Cavs’ frontcourt depth.
Dec 26, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
His body is still sore.
Dec 26, 2014, 7:30 PM EST
Teams are looking for any edge they can get.
Dec 26, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
The no-trade worked out quite well for Toronto.
Dec 26, 2014, 4:29 PM EST
At 25 points a game it would still take Kobe 182 games to catch Malone. That’s not likely.
Dec 26, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
Knicks fans are going to need to be patient, something New Yorkers have long been know for. *cough*
Dec 26, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
Tarik Black will land on another NBA roster.
Dec 26, 2014, 12:05 PM EST
We told you the suspension was coming, and the fine was justified.
Dec 26, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
Inside the NBA is the best.
Dec 26, 2014, 9:30 AM EST
Dec 26, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
Well, you don’t see that every day. Fortunately.
Dec 26, 2014, 2:56 AM EST
The flagrant fouls and ejections we’ve come to expect from these teams were non-existent, as L.A. came away with a “signature win” over the league-leading Warriors.
Dec 25, 2014, 11:48 PM EST
The Bulls blew out the Lakers on Christmas.
Dec 25, 2014, 11:31 PM EST
Wade was brilliant… for a half, anyway. But that was enough.
Dec 25, 2014, 10:16 PM EST
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 10
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0