Jul 24, 2014, 8:44 AM EST
We’ve told you that Anthony Bennett looked a lot better at the Las Vegas Summer League than expected — he was in shape and with that played with a real constant energy on the boards and on defense.
Another r for the surprise performance? He was breathing easier.
Literally. He had his tonsils out and is breathing easier, he told Jessica Camerato of Basketball Insiders.
“Since [having] my tonsils out, my adenoids, I have a lot more room to breathe,” Bennett said during the NBA Summer League in Las Vegas. “It was hard, definitely, with my tonsils in. I feel like taking them out was a huge step….
“Since [having] my tonsils out, my adenoids, I have a lot more room to breathe,” Bennett said during the NBA Summer League in Las Vegas. “It was hard, definitely, with my tonsils in. I feel like taking them out was a huge step.”
The good news, he did not eat all the ice cream he wanted during his recovery from a tonsillectomy.
This ties back into his conditioning — he was able to sustain a level of activity and energy that he could not during the NBA season. Bennett just needs what happened in Vegas not to stay in Vegas.
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 18
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6