Jul 24, 2014, 8:44 AM EDT
We’ve told you that Anthony Bennett looked a lot better at the Las Vegas Summer League than expected — he was in shape and with that played with a real constant energy on the boards and on defense.
Another r for the surprise performance? He was breathing easier.
Literally. He had his tonsils out and is breathing easier, he told Jessica Camerato of Basketball Insiders.
“Since [having] my tonsils out, my adenoids, I have a lot more room to breathe,” Bennett said during the NBA Summer League in Las Vegas. “It was hard, definitely, with my tonsils in. I feel like taking them out was a huge step….
“Since [having] my tonsils out, my adenoids, I have a lot more room to breathe,” Bennett said during the NBA Summer League in Las Vegas. “It was hard, definitely, with my tonsils in. I feel like taking them out was a huge step.”
The good news, he did not eat all the ice cream he wanted during his recovery from a tonsillectomy.
This ties back into his conditioning — he was able to sustain a level of activity and energy that he could not during the NBA season. Bennett just needs what happened in Vegas not to stay in Vegas.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32