Jul 24, 2014, 8:44 AM EST
We’ve told you that Anthony Bennett looked a lot better at the Las Vegas Summer League than expected — he was in shape and with that played with a real constant energy on the boards and on defense.
Another r for the surprise performance? He was breathing easier.
Literally. He had his tonsils out and is breathing easier, he told Jessica Camerato of Basketball Insiders.
“Since [having] my tonsils out, my adenoids, I have a lot more room to breathe,” Bennett said during the NBA Summer League in Las Vegas. “It was hard, definitely, with my tonsils in. I feel like taking them out was a huge step….
“Since [having] my tonsils out, my adenoids, I have a lot more room to breathe,” Bennett said during the NBA Summer League in Las Vegas. “It was hard, definitely, with my tonsils in. I feel like taking them out was a huge step.”
The good news, he did not eat all the ice cream he wanted during his recovery from a tonsillectomy.
This ties back into his conditioning — he was able to sustain a level of activity and energy that he could not during the NBA season. Bennett just needs what happened in Vegas not to stay in Vegas.
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 3
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 0
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 15
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 23
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13