Jul 24, 2014, 8:44 AM EDT
We’ve told you that Anthony Bennett looked a lot better at the Las Vegas Summer League than expected — he was in shape and with that played with a real constant energy on the boards and on defense.
Another r for the surprise performance? He was breathing easier.
Literally. He had his tonsils out and is breathing easier, he told Jessica Camerato of Basketball Insiders.
“Since [having] my tonsils out, my adenoids, I have a lot more room to breathe,” Bennett said during the NBA Summer League in Las Vegas. “It was hard, definitely, with my tonsils in. I feel like taking them out was a huge step….
“Since [having] my tonsils out, my adenoids, I have a lot more room to breathe,” Bennett said during the NBA Summer League in Las Vegas. “It was hard, definitely, with my tonsils in. I feel like taking them out was a huge step.”
The good news, he did not eat all the ice cream he wanted during his recovery from a tonsillectomy.
This ties back into his conditioning — he was able to sustain a level of activity and energy that he could not during the NBA season. Bennett just needs what happened in Vegas not to stay in Vegas.
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry is the MVP for a modern NBA 4
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Previews: Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Chicago Bulls 4
- PBT Extra: Can Jimmy Butler have success slowing LeBron James? 3
- PBT Extra: Dwight Howard, DeAndre Jordan matchup key part of Clippers vs. Rockets 1
- Stephen Curry wins MVP with 100 of 130 first-place votes, but James Harden closest second place in four years 20
- PBT Second Round Playoff Preview: Los Angeles Clippers vs. Houston Rockets 10
- Ginobili, Duncan, Popovich dance around questions about Spurs’ future 12
- Reports: Stephen Curry to be named MVP Monday 42