Agency that reps Ray Allen says reports he intends to play for Cavaliers are ‘unfounded,’ no decision has been made
Jul 24, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
Once LeBron James settled in Cleveland with the Cavaliers, he was able to get a couple of his former veteran Heat teammates to join him.
But despite reports to the contrary, there’s one more still out there who remains undecided.
Mike Miller and James Jones both committed to the Cavaliers, and while Ray Allen would be one more excellent addition, his future apparently remains uncertain as to whether or not he’ll continue to play at all next season.
The reports that Ray Allen intends to play for the Cavs are unfounded. He has not yet decided if he will play next season or for which team.
— TANDEM (@_tandemse) July 24, 2014
That’s the agency that represents Allen, tweeting their denial of reports that Allen may be leaning toward signing in Cleveland for the upcoming season.
Allen has said that the city where the franchise is located doesn’t matter all that much, so leaving Miami for Cleveland wouldn’t be too difficult — especially with LeBron there to ease that transition.
But no decision has yet been made, so despite the reports that are out there and the landing spot that would make plenty of sense, we’ll just have to wait for something official from Allen and his camp before penciling him in alongside LeBron as part of the Cavaliers revamped roster.
- PBT Extra: Spurs lead Texas winners in NBA Free Agency 0
- J.J. Redick: Clippers deserve “F” for free agency after losing DeAndre Jordan 19
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 17
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 17
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 24
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 80