Agency that reps Ray Allen says reports he intends to play for Cavaliers are ‘unfounded,’ no decision has been made
Jul 24, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
Once LeBron James settled in Cleveland with the Cavaliers, he was able to get a couple of his former veteran Heat teammates to join him.
But despite reports to the contrary, there’s one more still out there who remains undecided.
Mike Miller and James Jones both committed to the Cavaliers, and while Ray Allen would be one more excellent addition, his future apparently remains uncertain as to whether or not he’ll continue to play at all next season.
The reports that Ray Allen intends to play for the Cavs are unfounded. He has not yet decided if he will play next season or for which team.
— TANDEM (@_tandemse) July 24, 2014
That’s the agency that represents Allen, tweeting their denial of reports that Allen may be leaning toward signing in Cleveland for the upcoming season.
Allen has said that the city where the franchise is located doesn’t matter all that much, so leaving Miami for Cleveland wouldn’t be too difficult — especially with LeBron there to ease that transition.
But no decision has yet been made, so despite the reports that are out there and the landing spot that would make plenty of sense, we’ll just have to wait for something official from Allen and his camp before penciling him in alongside LeBron as part of the Cavaliers revamped roster.
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 1
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 31
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40