Agency that reps Ray Allen says reports he intends to play for Cavaliers are ‘unfounded,’ no decision has been made
Jul 24, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
Once LeBron James settled in Cleveland with the Cavaliers, he was able to get a couple of his former veteran Heat teammates to join him.
But despite reports to the contrary, there’s one more still out there who remains undecided.
Mike Miller and James Jones both committed to the Cavaliers, and while Ray Allen would be one more excellent addition, his future apparently remains uncertain as to whether or not he’ll continue to play at all next season.
The reports that Ray Allen intends to play for the Cavs are unfounded. He has not yet decided if he will play next season or for which team.
— TANDEM (@_tandemse) July 24, 2014
That’s the agency that represents Allen, tweeting their denial of reports that Allen may be leaning toward signing in Cleveland for the upcoming season.
Allen has said that the city where the franchise is located doesn’t matter all that much, so leaving Miami for Cleveland wouldn’t be too difficult — especially with LeBron there to ease that transition.
But no decision has yet been made, so despite the reports that are out there and the landing spot that would make plenty of sense, we’ll just have to wait for something official from Allen and his camp before penciling him in alongside LeBron as part of the Cavaliers revamped roster.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 1
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 2
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 8
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 14
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11