LeBron James sent cupcakes to Akron neighbors to apologize for commotion caused by his free agent decision
Jul 23, 2014, 11:01 AM EDT
As the news reports began to come in and fans in Ohio realized that LeBron James returning to the Cavaliers was becoming more and more likely, for some reason that inspired many of them to head to LeBron’s neighborhood in the Bath Township just to …
Actually, we have no idea why people did this.
James wasn’t even home, nor was he anywhere in the state. He was in Las Vegas at the time this all went down, and none of it was technically his fault.
But considering the commotion his free agent decision ultimately caused, James apparently felt that an apology of sorts was in order.
So, on Tuesday night, James sent a team from a Fairlawn, Ohio, bakery around his immediate neighborhood in Bath Township to deliver cupcakes to apologize for the traffic jams caused by the interest in James’ return earlier this month.
“Dear Friend,” read a card that came with the treats. “We know things have been hectic in our neighborhood these past few weeks and we are sorry for the chaos. We are so thankful to live in this wonderful community and we are so blessed to have understanding neighbors like you.”
The card noted that the two kinds of cupcakes in the box were originally devised for James’ foundation. Each box contained six “Just A Kid From Akron Cherry Cola” cupcakes and six “Homecourt Chocolate Chunk” cupcakes.
It’s a nice gesture from James, although what his neighbors would likely prefer is the same thing those descending on his house in advance of his decision are hoping for — a Cavaliers championship.
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 9
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 6