LeBron James sent cupcakes to Akron neighbors to apologize for commotion caused by his free agent decision
Jul 23, 2014, 11:01 AM EST
As the news reports began to come in and fans in Ohio realized that LeBron James returning to the Cavaliers was becoming more and more likely, for some reason that inspired many of them to head to LeBron’s neighborhood in the Bath Township just to …
Actually, we have no idea why people did this.
James wasn’t even home, nor was he anywhere in the state. He was in Las Vegas at the time this all went down, and none of it was technically his fault.
But considering the commotion his free agent decision ultimately caused, James apparently felt that an apology of sorts was in order.
So, on Tuesday night, James sent a team from a Fairlawn, Ohio, bakery around his immediate neighborhood in Bath Township to deliver cupcakes to apologize for the traffic jams caused by the interest in James’ return earlier this month.
“Dear Friend,” read a card that came with the treats. “We know things have been hectic in our neighborhood these past few weeks and we are sorry for the chaos. We are so thankful to live in this wonderful community and we are so blessed to have understanding neighbors like you.”
The card noted that the two kinds of cupcakes in the box were originally devised for James’ foundation. Each box contained six “Just A Kid From Akron Cherry Cola” cupcakes and six “Homecourt Chocolate Chunk” cupcakes.
It’s a nice gesture from James, although what his neighbors would likely prefer is the same thing those descending on his house in advance of his decision are hoping for — a Cavaliers championship.
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 3
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 0
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 26
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 2
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 35
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9