LeBron James sent cupcakes to Akron neighbors to apologize for commotion caused by his free agent decision
Jul 23, 2014, 11:01 AM EDT
As the news reports began to come in and fans in Ohio realized that LeBron James returning to the Cavaliers was becoming more and more likely, for some reason that inspired many of them to head to LeBron’s neighborhood in the Bath Township just to …
Actually, we have no idea why people did this.
James wasn’t even home, nor was he anywhere in the state. He was in Las Vegas at the time this all went down, and none of it was technically his fault.
But considering the commotion his free agent decision ultimately caused, James apparently felt that an apology of sorts was in order.
So, on Tuesday night, James sent a team from a Fairlawn, Ohio, bakery around his immediate neighborhood in Bath Township to deliver cupcakes to apologize for the traffic jams caused by the interest in James’ return earlier this month.
“Dear Friend,” read a card that came with the treats. “We know things have been hectic in our neighborhood these past few weeks and we are sorry for the chaos. We are so thankful to live in this wonderful community and we are so blessed to have understanding neighbors like you.”
The card noted that the two kinds of cupcakes in the box were originally devised for James’ foundation. Each box contained six “Just A Kid From Akron Cherry Cola” cupcakes and six “Homecourt Chocolate Chunk” cupcakes.
It’s a nice gesture from James, although what his neighbors would likely prefer is the same thing those descending on his house in advance of his decision are hoping for — a Cavaliers championship.
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 5
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7