Jul 23, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
Roy Hibbert with a skyhook?
Pacers president and former Celtic Larry Bird apparently dined with his old Lakers rival, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, in the name of helping Indiana’s center.
Pacer fans get ready for next season. I’m helping to get Roy ready to become a serious threat to his competitors.
If Abdul-Jabbar helps diversifies Hibbert’s offense, that would be wonderful for the wayward Pacers big man. However, I believe most of these arrangements are overrated. If Abdul-Jabbar could unilaterally translate his skills onto Hibbert, the best players would make the best coaches, and the pupil wouldn’t matter.
It obviously doesn’t work that way.
The Pacers should hope Abdul-Jabbar instills some confidence in Hibbert. After Hibbert’s disastrous playoffs, that would be more than enough to make this partnership worthwhile.
Don’t overlook Abdul-Jabbar’s value due to his sharp mental approach. Hibbert needs that more than a skyhook – though a skyhook would be nice, too.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 22
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 28
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16