Jul 23, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
Roy Hibbert with a skyhook?
Pacers president and former Celtic Larry Bird apparently dined with his old Lakers rival, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, in the name of helping Indiana’s center.
Pacer fans get ready for next season. I’m helping to get Roy ready to become a serious threat to his competitors.
If Abdul-Jabbar helps diversifies Hibbert’s offense, that would be wonderful for the wayward Pacers big man. However, I believe most of these arrangements are overrated. If Abdul-Jabbar could unilaterally translate his skills onto Hibbert, the best players would make the best coaches, and the pupil wouldn’t matter.
It obviously doesn’t work that way.
The Pacers should hope Abdul-Jabbar instills some confidence in Hibbert. After Hibbert’s disastrous playoffs, that would be more than enough to make this partnership worthwhile.
Don’t overlook Abdul-Jabbar’s value due to his sharp mental approach. Hibbert needs that more than a skyhook – though a skyhook would be nice, too.
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 10
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 8
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 5
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 38
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 6
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 15
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3