Jul 23, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
Roy Hibbert with a skyhook?
Pacers president and former Celtic Larry Bird apparently dined with his old Lakers rival, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, in the name of helping Indiana’s center.
Pacer fans get ready for next season. I’m helping to get Roy ready to become a serious threat to his competitors.
If Abdul-Jabbar helps diversifies Hibbert’s offense, that would be wonderful for the wayward Pacers big man. However, I believe most of these arrangements are overrated. If Abdul-Jabbar could unilaterally translate his skills onto Hibbert, the best players would make the best coaches, and the pupil wouldn’t matter.
It obviously doesn’t work that way.
The Pacers should hope Abdul-Jabbar instills some confidence in Hibbert. After Hibbert’s disastrous playoffs, that would be more than enough to make this partnership worthwhile.
Don’t overlook Abdul-Jabbar’s value due to his sharp mental approach. Hibbert needs that more than a skyhook – though a skyhook would be nice, too.
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 5
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 35
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 19
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70