Jul 23, 2014, 3:40 PM EST
Speaking at a Sports Academy and Cheerleading Skills Camp that he co-hosts with Brandon Marshall, Wade explained how a kid at camp had the temerity to ask him why he does it.
“One kid asked me why did I flop,” Wade said. “And I was about to get him kicked out of the camp.”
Wade, of course, is a three-time champion who will ultimately be known for much more than that. But at least one camper (or more likely, one of his parents) needed to try to get an answer to one of his fans’ most pressing questions.
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 28
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 5
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 17
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 15
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 25
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8