Jul 23, 2014, 3:40 PM EDT
Speaking at a Sports Academy and Cheerleading Skills Camp that he co-hosts with Brandon Marshall, Wade explained how a kid at camp had the temerity to ask him why he does it.
“One kid asked me why did I flop,” Wade said. “And I was about to get him kicked out of the camp.”
Wade, of course, is a three-time champion who will ultimately be known for much more than that. But at least one camper (or more likely, one of his parents) needed to try to get an answer to one of his fans’ most pressing questions.
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 10
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 23
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 16
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24