Jul 23, 2014, 3:40 PM EDT
Speaking at a Sports Academy and Cheerleading Skills Camp that he co-hosts with Brandon Marshall, Wade explained how a kid at camp had the temerity to ask him why he does it.
“One kid asked me why did I flop,” Wade said. “And I was about to get him kicked out of the camp.”
Wade, of course, is a three-time champion who will ultimately be known for much more than that. But at least one camper (or more likely, one of his parents) needed to try to get an answer to one of his fans’ most pressing questions.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 13
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 36
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 26
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2