Jul 22, 2014, 11:13 AM EDT
Sasha Vujacic last played meaningful NBA minutes back in 2011 as a member of the Nets, but played six-plus seasons before that, all with the Los Angeles Lakers.
Vujacic was known as a shooter (and an irritant to opponents) more than anything else, although he did sink two incredibly clutch free throws that helped L.A. seal a victory in Game 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals.
He was technically in the league last season, although if you blinked you would have missed his stint. The Clippers signed Vujacic to a 10-day contract, but he only got into two games, most notably playing a little over nine minutes of garbage time in a 45-point victory over the Sixers.
Vujacic is apparently hoping for a more substantial NBA return this season.
Sasha Vujacic has been working out this summer with Blake Griffin with an eye towards returning to the NBA this season.
Phil Jackson may look to give Vujacic a shot in New York. Team guy who can shoot and knows Triangle and knows what Fisher wants from him.
The part about the Knicks is pure speculation, but given Jackson’s propensity to bring players in who are familiar with his system, bringing Vujacic in on a minimum deal could make some sense.
Vujacic holds averages of 5.6 points, 1.9 rebounds and 1.3 assists in 15.9 minutes per game for his career, while knocking down 37.1 percent of his looks from three-point distance.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50