Jul 22, 2014, 11:13 AM EDT
Sasha Vujacic last played meaningful NBA minutes back in 2011 as a member of the Nets, but played six-plus seasons before that, all with the Los Angeles Lakers.
Vujacic was known as a shooter (and an irritant to opponents) more than anything else, although he did sink two incredibly clutch free throws that helped L.A. seal a victory in Game 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals.
He was technically in the league last season, although if you blinked you would have missed his stint. The Clippers signed Vujacic to a 10-day contract, but he only got into two games, most notably playing a little over nine minutes of garbage time in a 45-point victory over the Sixers.
Vujacic is apparently hoping for a more substantial NBA return this season.
Sasha Vujacic has been working out this summer with Blake Griffin with an eye towards returning to the NBA this season.
Phil Jackson may look to give Vujacic a shot in New York. Team guy who can shoot and knows Triangle and knows what Fisher wants from him.
The part about the Knicks is pure speculation, but given Jackson’s propensity to bring players in who are familiar with his system, bringing Vujacic in on a minimum deal could make some sense.
Vujacic holds averages of 5.6 points, 1.9 rebounds and 1.3 assists in 15.9 minutes per game for his career, while knocking down 37.1 percent of his looks from three-point distance.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 30
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 46
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4