Jul 22, 2014, 11:13 AM EST
Sasha Vujacic last played meaningful NBA minutes back in 2011 as a member of the Nets, but played six-plus seasons before that, all with the Los Angeles Lakers.
Vujacic was known as a shooter (and an irritant to opponents) more than anything else, although he did sink two incredibly clutch free throws that helped L.A. seal a victory in Game 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals.
He was technically in the league last season, although if you blinked you would have missed his stint. The Clippers signed Vujacic to a 10-day contract, but he only got into two games, most notably playing a little over nine minutes of garbage time in a 45-point victory over the Sixers.
Vujacic is apparently hoping for a more substantial NBA return this season.
Sasha Vujacic has been working out this summer with Blake Griffin with an eye towards returning to the NBA this season.
Phil Jackson may look to give Vujacic a shot in New York. Team guy who can shoot and knows Triangle and knows what Fisher wants from him.
The part about the Knicks is pure speculation, but given Jackson’s propensity to bring players in who are familiar with his system, bringing Vujacic in on a minimum deal could make some sense.
Vujacic holds averages of 5.6 points, 1.9 rebounds and 1.3 assists in 15.9 minutes per game for his career, while knocking down 37.1 percent of his looks from three-point distance.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 30
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10