Jul 22, 2014, 1:24 AM EDT
You know how you could tell Ray McCallum was hot?
Well, the 29 points is in the Summer League championship game was a pretty good indication. There was his ridiculous running fourth quarter buzzer beating three to beat the shot clock.
But really it was when he did a Jordan shrug you knew he was not going to let the Sacramento Kings lose to the Houston Rockets in the championship game of the Summer League. The Kings beat the Rockets 77-68 to win the title.
The Kings rolled out a veteran lineup by Summer League standards with guys who have NBA experience such as McCallum, Quincy Acy, Ben McLemore, MarShon Brooks and others getting run. But it was McCallum who was key, attacking off picks, keeping the offense flowing.
The Kings also got 10 points out of rookie Nik Stauskas, who should have Ben McLemore concerned about minutes come the fall. Ra’shad James had a dozen points on 4-of-7 shooting.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32