Jul 22, 2014, 1:24 AM EDT
You know how you could tell Ray McCallum was hot?
Well, the 29 points is in the Summer League championship game was a pretty good indication. There was his ridiculous running fourth quarter buzzer beating three to beat the shot clock.
But really it was when he did a Jordan shrug you knew he was not going to let the Sacramento Kings lose to the Houston Rockets in the championship game of the Summer League. The Kings beat the Rockets 77-68 to win the title.
The Kings rolled out a veteran lineup by Summer League standards with guys who have NBA experience such as McCallum, Quincy Acy, Ben McLemore, MarShon Brooks and others getting run. But it was McCallum who was key, attacking off picks, keeping the offense flowing.
The Kings also got 10 points out of rookie Nik Stauskas, who should have Ben McLemore concerned about minutes come the fall. Ra’shad James had a dozen points on 4-of-7 shooting.
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 1
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 6
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10