Jul 22, 2014, 1:24 AM EDT
You know how you could tell Ray McCallum was hot?
Well, the 29 points is in the Summer League championship game was a pretty good indication. There was his ridiculous running fourth quarter buzzer beating three to beat the shot clock.
But really it was when he did a Jordan shrug you knew he was not going to let the Sacramento Kings lose to the Houston Rockets in the championship game of the Summer League. The Kings beat the Rockets 77-68 to win the title.
The Kings rolled out a veteran lineup by Summer League standards with guys who have NBA experience such as McCallum, Quincy Acy, Ben McLemore, MarShon Brooks and others getting run. But it was McCallum who was key, attacking off picks, keeping the offense flowing.
The Kings also got 10 points out of rookie Nik Stauskas, who should have Ben McLemore concerned about minutes come the fall. Ra’shad James had a dozen points on 4-of-7 shooting.
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 9
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 18
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 29
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 31
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 42
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24