Jul 21, 2014, 8:45 AM EDT
Now Cassell could be the one lured away.
Doc Rivers is still trying to fill out his Clippers staff after Alvin Gentry and Tyronn Lue were lured away, and he is trying to land Cassell, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
By deal he means trade, once a contract is agreed to. It will take a second round pick for the Clippers to get him as Cassell is under contract with Washington.
Mike Woodson has already agreed to be on the Clippers staff next season. Remember that Cassell was part of the 2008 Boston team coached by Rivers that won the NBA title — and remember that Rivers loves to draw from that 2008 well (or guys who played well against him) to fill out his roster and staff.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 10
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16