Jul 21, 2014, 8:45 AM EST
Now Cassell could be the one lured away.
Doc Rivers is still trying to fill out his Clippers staff after Alvin Gentry and Tyronn Lue were lured away, and he is trying to land Cassell, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
By deal he means trade, once a contract is agreed to. It will take a second round pick for the Clippers to get him as Cassell is under contract with Washington.
Mike Woodson has already agreed to be on the Clippers staff next season. Remember that Cassell was part of the 2008 Boston team coached by Rivers that won the NBA title — and remember that Rivers loves to draw from that 2008 well (or guys who played well against him) to fill out his roster and staff.
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 0
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20