Jul 21, 2014, 8:45 AM EDT
Now Cassell could be the one lured away.
Doc Rivers is still trying to fill out his Clippers staff after Alvin Gentry and Tyronn Lue were lured away, and he is trying to land Cassell, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
By deal he means trade, once a contract is agreed to. It will take a second round pick for the Clippers to get him as Cassell is under contract with Washington.
Mike Woodson has already agreed to be on the Clippers staff next season. Remember that Cassell was part of the 2008 Boston team coached by Rivers that won the NBA title — and remember that Rivers loves to draw from that 2008 well (or guys who played well against him) to fill out his roster and staff.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 12
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 13
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 48
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7