Jul 21, 2014, 8:45 AM EDT
Now Cassell could be the one lured away.
Doc Rivers is still trying to fill out his Clippers staff after Alvin Gentry and Tyronn Lue were lured away, and he is trying to land Cassell, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
By deal he means trade, once a contract is agreed to. It will take a second round pick for the Clippers to get him as Cassell is under contract with Washington.
Mike Woodson has already agreed to be on the Clippers staff next season. Remember that Cassell was part of the 2008 Boston team coached by Rivers that won the NBA title — and remember that Rivers loves to draw from that 2008 well (or guys who played well against him) to fill out his roster and staff.
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 18
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 55
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23