Donald Sterling reportedly meets with Steve Ballmer, which might accelerate Clippers sale (or do the complete opposite)
Jul 21, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
That legal battle has been nasty at times, but it’s not all necessarily cutthroat.
Though Donald hasn’t gotten along well with Shelly in court, they have a long relationship to fall back on.
Ballmer doesn’t have that same inside track with Donald, but both the prospective owner and Shelly want the same thing – for Donald to accept his half of the sale and go away. Maybe the judge will ensure that happens.
Or maybe they can convince him just to accept the sale and avoid leaving his fortunes to a binding verdict.
Ramona Shelburne of ESPN:
At this point, I have no idea what Donald wants. It’s
certain probable possible he doesn’t even know.
I won’t bother predicting what he’s up to. That would be pointless.
But if Donald and Shelly/Ballmer settle, there’s still a chance the Clippers are sold before next season begins.
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 9
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 5
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 28