Donald Sterling reportedly meets with Steve Ballmer, which might accelerate Clippers sale (or do the complete opposite)
Jul 21, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
That legal battle has been nasty at times, but it’s not all necessarily cutthroat.
Though Donald hasn’t gotten along well with Shelly in court, they have a long relationship to fall back on.
Ballmer doesn’t have that same inside track with Donald, but both the prospective owner and Shelly want the same thing – for Donald to accept his half of the sale and go away. Maybe the judge will ensure that happens.
Or maybe they can convince him just to accept the sale and avoid leaving his fortunes to a binding verdict.
Ramona Shelburne of ESPN:
At this point, I have no idea what Donald wants. It’s
certain probable possible he doesn’t even know.
I won’t bother predicting what he’s up to. That would be pointless.
But if Donald and Shelly/Ballmer settle, there’s still a chance the Clippers are sold before next season begins.
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 19
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 43
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 36
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 18