Donald Sterling reportedly meets with Steve Ballmer, which might accelerate Clippers sale (or do the complete opposite)
Jul 21, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
That legal battle has been nasty at times, but it’s not all necessarily cutthroat.
Though Donald hasn’t gotten along well with Shelly in court, they have a long relationship to fall back on.
Ballmer doesn’t have that same inside track with Donald, but both the prospective owner and Shelly want the same thing – for Donald to accept his half of the sale and go away. Maybe the judge will ensure that happens.
Or maybe they can convince him just to accept the sale and avoid leaving his fortunes to a binding verdict.
Ramona Shelburne of ESPN:
At this point, I have no idea what Donald wants. It’s
certain probable possible he doesn’t even know.
I won’t bother predicting what he’s up to. That would be pointless.
But if Donald and Shelly/Ballmer settle, there’s still a chance the Clippers are sold before next season begins.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 5
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4