Donald Sterling reportedly meets with Steve Ballmer, which might accelerate Clippers sale (or do the complete opposite)
Jul 21, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
That legal battle has been nasty at times, but it’s not all necessarily cutthroat.
Though Donald hasn’t gotten along well with Shelly in court, they have a long relationship to fall back on.
Ballmer doesn’t have that same inside track with Donald, but both the prospective owner and Shelly want the same thing – for Donald to accept his half of the sale and go away. Maybe the judge will ensure that happens.
Or maybe they can convince him just to accept the sale and avoid leaving his fortunes to a binding verdict.
Ramona Shelburne of ESPN:
At this point, I have no idea what Donald wants. It’s
certain probable possible he doesn’t even know.
I won’t bother predicting what he’s up to. That would be pointless.
But if Donald and Shelly/Ballmer settle, there’s still a chance the Clippers are sold before next season begins.
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 8
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 7
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 16
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15