Donald Sterling reportedly meets with Steve Ballmer, which might accelerate Clippers sale (or do the complete opposite)
Jul 21, 2014, 8:00 PM EST
That legal battle has been nasty at times, but it’s not all necessarily cutthroat.
Though Donald hasn’t gotten along well with Shelly in court, they have a long relationship to fall back on.
Ballmer doesn’t have that same inside track with Donald, but both the prospective owner and Shelly want the same thing – for Donald to accept his half of the sale and go away. Maybe the judge will ensure that happens.
Or maybe they can convince him just to accept the sale and avoid leaving his fortunes to a binding verdict.
Ramona Shelburne of ESPN:
At this point, I have no idea what Donald wants. It’s
certain probable possible he doesn’t even know.
I won’t bother predicting what he’s up to. That would be pointless.
But if Donald and Shelly/Ballmer settle, there’s still a chance the Clippers are sold before next season begins.
- Report: JaVale McGee close to signing with Celtics 1
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 9
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 11
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18