Jul 20, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Pau Gasol is now a member of the Chicago Bulls, but played the last six-plus seasons in Los Angeles with the Lakers. He made three All-Star appearances and won two championships during that time, and these highlights give us a glimpse of just how skilled he once was.
Gasol wasn’t used properly his last couple of seasons in Los Angeles, due to a combination of coaching and the way the roster there was constructed. It wouldn’t at all be a surprise to see him return to playing near an All-Star level once again in his new situation.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 10
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 7
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 10
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 7
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 42
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4