Jul 20, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
LAS VEGAS — Glen Rice Jr. is making a serious case for Summer League MVP.
The Wizards’ sharpshooter had 36 points and 11 boards on Saturday — including this dramatic buzzer beater to force triple overtime — to lead Washington to a 3OT win to advance to the semi-finals of the Las Vegas Summer League. He is averaging a Summer League high 25.2 points a game while shooting a nice 50.7 percent.
On this play Jamil Wilson dribbles (by design) into a tough position then whips a fantastic baseline pass to a surprisingly open Rice for the shot. That would be the Spurs first-round pick Kyle Anderson — who has had a nice Summer League and already plays a very Spurs-like game — who starts out on Rice on the weak side, ends up watching the ball a little then gets picked-off Rice (not a great pick, but enough) and letting a red-hot scorer get open. Kyle, you would not want to see Gregg Popovich’s reaction if that happened in an actual, meaningful game. Trust me.
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 0
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 8
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7