Jul 20, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
LAS VEGAS — Glen Rice Jr. is making a serious case for Summer League MVP.
The Wizards’ sharpshooter had 36 points and 11 boards on Saturday — including this dramatic buzzer beater to force triple overtime — to lead Washington to a 3OT win to advance to the semi-finals of the Las Vegas Summer League. He is averaging a Summer League high 25.2 points a game while shooting a nice 50.7 percent.
On this play Jamil Wilson dribbles (by design) into a tough position then whips a fantastic baseline pass to a surprisingly open Rice for the shot. That would be the Spurs first-round pick Kyle Anderson — who has had a nice Summer League and already plays a very Spurs-like game — who starts out on Rice on the weak side, ends up watching the ball a little then gets picked-off Rice (not a great pick, but enough) and letting a red-hot scorer get open. Kyle, you would not want to see Gregg Popovich’s reaction if that happened in an actual, meaningful game. Trust me.
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 2
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 9
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 8
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 8
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 42
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 14
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 54