Jul 20, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
LAS VEGAS — Glen Rice Jr. is making a serious case for Summer League MVP.
The Wizards’ sharpshooter had 36 points and 11 boards on Saturday — including this dramatic buzzer beater to force triple overtime — to lead Washington to a 3OT win to advance to the semi-finals of the Las Vegas Summer League. He is averaging a Summer League high 25.2 points a game while shooting a nice 50.7 percent.
On this play Jamil Wilson dribbles (by design) into a tough position then whips a fantastic baseline pass to a surprisingly open Rice for the shot. That would be the Spurs first-round pick Kyle Anderson — who has had a nice Summer League and already plays a very Spurs-like game — who starts out on Rice on the weak side, ends up watching the ball a little then gets picked-off Rice (not a great pick, but enough) and letting a red-hot scorer get open. Kyle, you would not want to see Gregg Popovich’s reaction if that happened in an actual, meaningful game. Trust me.
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 8
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 13
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 7