Jul 20, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
LAS VEGAS — Glen Rice Jr. is making a serious case for Summer League MVP.
The Wizards’ sharpshooter had 36 points and 11 boards on Saturday — including this dramatic buzzer beater to force triple overtime — to lead Washington to a 3OT win to advance to the semi-finals of the Las Vegas Summer League. He is averaging a Summer League high 25.2 points a game while shooting a nice 50.7 percent.
On this play Jamil Wilson dribbles (by design) into a tough position then whips a fantastic baseline pass to a surprisingly open Rice for the shot. That would be the Spurs first-round pick Kyle Anderson — who has had a nice Summer League and already plays a very Spurs-like game — who starts out on Rice on the weak side, ends up watching the ball a little then gets picked-off Rice (not a great pick, but enough) and letting a red-hot scorer get open. Kyle, you would not want to see Gregg Popovich’s reaction if that happened in an actual, meaningful game. Trust me.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 0
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 19
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18