Jul 18, 2014, 7:47 PM EST
LAS VEGAS — It’s been pretty fortunate this year, there have been no major injuries out of Summer League. Some muscle tweaks and a few sprains, but guys are going hard (these guys are competing for their next payday) and there have been some rough spills but nothing serious.
He was in clear pain when it happened, grabbing his shoulder and going back straight to the locker room. A dislocation is something that can usually heal in a couple weeks.
Brown, a second round pick of the Suns in this draft (50th overall) is a 7’1” center known for his ability to shoot from distance — he was one of the standout shooters of any size at the NBA Draft Combine. However, he missed his first 11 shots in Las Vegas. He’s looked better since.
Brown will be in the Suns training camp and with Channing Frye gone the Suns need a floor-spacing big man. Brown wants to be that guy. This injury shouldn’t set him back from that.
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 13
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 17