Jul 18, 2014, 7:47 PM EDT
LAS VEGAS — It’s been pretty fortunate this year, there have been no major injuries out of Summer League. Some muscle tweaks and a few sprains, but guys are going hard (these guys are competing for their next payday) and there have been some rough spills but nothing serious.
He was in clear pain when it happened, grabbing his shoulder and going back straight to the locker room. A dislocation is something that can usually heal in a couple weeks.
Brown, a second round pick of the Suns in this draft (50th overall) is a 7’1” center known for his ability to shoot from distance — he was one of the standout shooters of any size at the NBA Draft Combine. However, he missed his first 11 shots in Las Vegas. He’s looked better since.
Brown will be in the Suns training camp and with Channing Frye gone the Suns need a floor-spacing big man. Brown wants to be that guy. This injury shouldn’t set him back from that.
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 2
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 18
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7