Jul 18, 2014, 11:54 AM EDT
It’s the great question of LeBron James’ offseason.
Miami Heat or Cleveland Cavaliers? No. 6 or No. 23?
LeBron wore No. 23 in his first stint with Cleveland, but that number wasn’t an option in Miami. The Heat retired it for Michael Jordan – yes, really. So, he switched to No. 6.
Back with the Cavaliers, LeBron has both his numbers available, and we’re awaiting word on which he’ll choose. On Instagram, he stoked the flames of the great debate:
6 or 23?……
Prediction based on no evidence: Neither.
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 16
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 9
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61