Jul 18, 2014, 11:13 AM EDT
When the Hornets signed Roberts, there was a chance they’d add another backup point guard and bump Roberts down the bench. But Charlotte’s latest signing – Jannero Pargo – makes Roberts the clear front-runner for No. 2 point guard.
Pargo’s agency confirmed the signing:
Shams Charania of RealGM:
Jannero Pargo agreed to a fully guaranteed one-year, $1.5 million deal to re-sign with the Charlotte Hornets, league source tells RealGM.—
Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) July 18, 2014
I’m guessing Pargo will receive the minimum salary, $1,448,490 – $533,247 of which would be paid by the NBA.Pargo, 34, probably doesn’t have much left in the tank. But he averaged career highs in points (20.2), assists (7.7) and steals (2.1) per 36 minutes with Charlotte last season. Though that was in a career-low 242 minutes, the fit warrants him returning. He might have just figured out how to play well in Steve Clifford’s system.
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 0
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 31
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 24
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61