Jul 18, 2014, 11:13 AM EDT
When the Hornets signed Roberts, there was a chance they’d add another backup point guard and bump Roberts down the bench. But Charlotte’s latest signing – Jannero Pargo – makes Roberts the clear front-runner for No. 2 point guard.
Pargo’s agency confirmed the signing:
Shams Charania of RealGM:
I’m guessing Pargo will receive the minimum salary, $1,448,490 – $533,247 of which would be paid by the NBA.Pargo, 34, probably doesn’t have much left in the tank. But he averaged career highs in points (20.2), assists (7.7) and steals (2.1) per 36 minutes with Charlotte last season. Though that was in a career-low 242 minutes, the fit warrants him returning. He might have just figured out how to play well in Steve Clifford’s system.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 0
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 12
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 48
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17