Jul 18, 2014, 11:13 AM EDT
When the Hornets signed Roberts, there was a chance they’d add another backup point guard and bump Roberts down the bench. But Charlotte’s latest signing – Jannero Pargo – makes Roberts the clear front-runner for No. 2 point guard.
Pargo’s agency confirmed the signing:
Shams Charania of RealGM:
Jannero Pargo agreed to a fully guaranteed one-year, $1.5 million deal to re-sign with the Charlotte Hornets, league source tells RealGM.—
Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) July 18, 2014
I’m guessing Pargo will receive the minimum salary, $1,448,490 – $533,247 of which would be paid by the NBA.Pargo, 34, probably doesn’t have much left in the tank. But he averaged career highs in points (20.2), assists (7.7) and steals (2.1) per 36 minutes with Charlotte last season. Though that was in a career-low 242 minutes, the fit warrants him returning. He might have just figured out how to play well in Steve Clifford’s system.
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 60
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59