Jul 18, 2014, 11:13 AM EST
When the Hornets signed Roberts, there was a chance they’d add another backup point guard and bump Roberts down the bench. But Charlotte’s latest signing – Jannero Pargo – makes Roberts the clear front-runner for No. 2 point guard.
Pargo’s agency confirmed the signing:
Shams Charania of RealGM:
I’m guessing Pargo will receive the minimum salary, $1,448,490 – $533,247 of which would be paid by the NBA.Pargo, 34, probably doesn’t have much left in the tank. But he averaged career highs in points (20.2), assists (7.7) and steals (2.1) per 36 minutes with Charlotte last season. Though that was in a career-low 242 minutes, the fit warrants him returning. He might have just figured out how to play well in Steve Clifford’s system.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 15
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 10
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 25
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8