Charles Barkley loves LeBron’s return to Cleveland, says they need to get Kevin Love

Jul 18, 2014, 8:45 PM EST

You need to get to 1:07 before Charles Barkley starts talking basketball and Kevin Nealon (he was brilliant in “Weeds”) and Larry the Cable Guy stop talking.

No, Barkley (and Larry the Cable Guy) are not playing at the Royal Liverpool Golf Club this weekend (they didn’t quite make the cut), rather this is from the American Century Championship which you can see on the NBC Sports Network all weekend.

Barkley loves LeBron James returning to Cleveland and, like everyone else, says if you are in win-now mode — and the Cavaliers are with LeBron — you trade Andrew Wiggins and whatever else it takes to get Kevin Love out of Minnesota.

The best part of this video clip? We spare you from watching Charles’ golf swing.

1. ProBasketballPundit - Jul 18, 2014 at 9:09 PM

AHHHHH WHY DOES PBT HATE ME!?

2. ProBasketballPundit - Jul 18, 2014 at 9:11 PM

I have ruined this blog’s comments section.

3. jasper36 - Jul 18, 2014 at 9:15 PM

Best Player in the world Best Coach in East, best guard in the East. If the get the best PF it’s over ( in my Kenny Smith voice) for the teams in the East. And who knows once they make it to the finals.

• doc305 - Jul 19, 2014 at 9:02 AM

Wait, I thought you can’t be the best coach if you have the best player in the world plus a couple all stars. At least that’s what I’ve been hearing and reading for the last few years..

• jtoledo86 - Jul 19, 2014 at 8:04 PM

Best coach in the east…seriously? You really posted that? This is why some of you guys lose all credibility on these boards. I would love to see how you argue a guy is the best in the NBA, when he hasn’t ever been in the league on any level. SMH!

4. hurricanegrabowski - Jul 18, 2014 at 9:27 PM

I see two talented comedians….and Larry the Cable Guy.

5. antistratfordian - Jul 18, 2014 at 9:50 PM

Round Mound has been calling for Bron to go back to Cleveland for 2 years. Of course he’s happy.

Yeah, they probably do need to get K.Love.

6. dls612 - Jul 18, 2014 at 9:55 PM

Not a fan of Cleaveland but I think it would be a big mistake if they mess up that current roster for crybaby Kevin love. Cause it seems that its not gonna come cheap. Charles is an think he know it all idiot! He can’t even finish a sentence with out interrupting himself!

7. mackcarrington - Jul 18, 2014 at 10:07 PM

Charles Barkley doesn’t have any championship rings. Why does anything he says matter?

• sportsfan18 - Jul 18, 2014 at 11:10 PM

and how many do you have?

I see… so why are you saying anything?

I guess being a HOF player means nothing to you.

what if Lebron had NOT left Cleveland back in 2010 and still had NOT won any rings with the Cavs? as they wouldn’t have gotten Kyrie with a high draft pick with LBJ on the team.

You’d say we shouldn’t listen to LBJ then? He’s still be the same player but ringless like Chuck.

See, it takes more than one person.

• mackcarrington - Jul 18, 2014 at 11:43 PM

Look, I’m not in the media, so of course nothing that I say has any weight. And just where in the hell do you see me comparing myself to Barkley? Huh? Do you see that anywhere?? Do you? And what if… What if… What if????
        And how dare you jump on me, a NOBODY, for having the nerve to criticize someone? What do you think these boards are for? Just to have everyone agree with YOU? Why can’t I have my opinion? Then in that case you should shut the hell up too. What the hell is wrong with you people? This is just sports. You fools take this stuff so hard that you don’t even know when your chains are being yanked. Back off!!!! And by the way sport, I didn’t mention ONE THING about LBJ. NOT ONE THING! What the hell does that have to do with anything???

• 22yearsagotoday - Jul 19, 2014 at 12:26 AM

He’s mad, bro.

• billtetley53 - Jul 19, 2014 at 7:15 AM

Careful mack, you just might have a gripper if you dont calm down.

You’re an irrational lakers fan. What does barkley not having a ring have to do with anything?
        Hes played the game at a high level and been around it for many years, hes qualified.

You arent “yanking anyones chain”. You got called out and reacted in anger. Seems to me you’re the one taking these boards to seriously.

We understand, your lakers stink, and will for some time. Just calm down, they will be good again a few years after kobe leaves.

• mackcarrington - Jul 19, 2014 at 1:13 PM

Well Bill, my comments about Barkley has nothing to do with the Lakers at all. I simply made a snarky comment about Barkley (like everyone else does) and some dork asks me where my championship rings are. Do I have to have rings to make a snide remark? That’s what set me off. I mean, I’m talking about Barkley and this guy wants to make it about ME. Why did he go personal on ME? And I happen to think I’m quite rational when it comes to sports. I don’t buy jerseys or worship or idolize players with testimonial blogs dedicated to them. In fact I spent most of Friday watching CNN to see if there was going to be a world war! I could say that guy is an irrational Charles Barkley fan who got mad because I made a remark about him. And to answer his question, these players don’t mean anything to me, Hall Of Famer or not. Was he serious with that question?

• seansull83 - Jul 19, 2014 at 2:29 PM

But Barkley has played at a really high level, has a great Basketball IQ, and is just a guy with an opinion on all things basketball, not an expert. So his words do have some weight. Yeah you can make snarky comments all you want but some of the Legends of the game may have only seen one ring, or none. So put your roids away, and chill

• mackcarrington - Jul 19, 2014 at 2:56 PM

Sean:
        Barkley has provided me, on occasions, with basketball entertainment and the occasional laugh at some of his humor. He is a public figure on a public stage who is open for people like me to take shots at. Forums like this are for people like me to take shots at people like him. Are you going to come on here and blast everybody who makes a snarky comment about somebody? You are going to be on here all day and night calling everyone out if that’s the case. Knock yourself out!

8. realfootballfan - Jul 18, 2014 at 10:07 PM

Nothing made Barkley more of a clown than his irrational silliness surrounding when James was in Miami. Just adding more to that foundation I see with these dumb comments.

9. jacobk621 - Jul 18, 2014 at 10:21 PM

Tha Cavs would be foolish to trade all these no 1’s for Kevin Love who with one injury to him would set back the cavs for years ,, these cavs no 1’s are far more athletic and if the cavs let them develop they will be a major force for at least a decade

• twinfan24 - Jul 19, 2014 at 11:52 AM

I disagree. When you add LBJ, you are looking to win titles, not slow build for the long term. While it might hurt them long term (no guarantee, as the young guys may never develop), you have to take your shot at competing for a title, not just being pretty good.

10. bigwii - Jul 18, 2014 at 11:23 PM

Best coach? I’m not so sure.

11. cantonbound13 - Jul 19, 2014 at 5:59 AM

Cavs are giving up too much for a guy who never made it to the post season. Wiggins could be a great player in 2-3 years.

12. doc305 - Jul 19, 2014 at 8:59 AM

Yet when Lebron came to Miami, Chuck was the first one in line to criticize, he thought it was unfair that Lebron was joining two other all stars, now he’s promoting that Lebron join two all stars. I see what you did there Chuck…

13. Great Caesar's Ghost - Jul 19, 2014 at 11:20 AM

Cavs won’t get past the Bucks in the East, but it’ll be a great all-time rivalry.

Jabari Parker injury latest for disappointing rookie class
Top 10 NBA Player Searches