Jul 17, 2014, 10:20 AM EDT
Before playing for the Los Angeles Clippers, before playing at North Carolina, before attending high school in North Carolina, Reggie Bullock was born in Baltimore.
Bullock’s ties to that city, sadly in this case, remain.
A broken necklace and a pool of blood remain in the alley where police found the body of 26-year old Mia Henderson.
They were serving a search warrant along Piedmont Avenue when the lifeless body of the transgender woman was discovered.
“We do know that there was trauma to the body to indicate that there was a homicide,” said Major Dennis Smith with Baltimore City police.
Henderson’s legal name is Kevin Long.
WJZ has learned her brother is NBA player Reggie Bullock.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to Bullock and his family.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 7
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50