Jul 17, 2014, 10:20 AM EST
Before playing for the Los Angeles Clippers, before playing at North Carolina, before attending high school in North Carolina, Reggie Bullock was born in Baltimore.
Bullock’s ties to that city, sadly in this case, remain.
A broken necklace and a pool of blood remain in the alley where police found the body of 26-year old Mia Henderson.
They were serving a search warrant along Piedmont Avenue when the lifeless body of the transgender woman was discovered.
“We do know that there was trauma to the body to indicate that there was a homicide,” said Major Dennis Smith with Baltimore City police.
Henderson’s legal name is Kevin Long.
WJZ has learned her brother is NBA player Reggie Bullock.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to Bullock and his family.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 10
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 8
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 25
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8