Jul 17, 2014, 11:06 AM EDT
Two teams that haven’t won NBA championships and a third that might not claim its title – depending how many years and moves back it wants to go back – will also be getting new jerseys next season.
In addition to every team with a championship getting a gold tag on the back of its jersey, and the Pacers, Kings and Raptors will wear new old duds:
The 1990s Pacers jerseys are pretty sweet, and they bring back some fond memories of competitive Indiana teams that could never get over the hump. If only there were parallels to the present to really bring everything full circle.
If the Kings – who won the 1951 NBA championship as the Rochester Royals – have jerseys that look more like the originals than the illustration, I’ll like them. Otherwise, not so much. I definitely prefer this Royals throwback.
The dribbling-dinosaur Raptors jerseys were so garish, they’re now classic. I absolutely love those.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 1
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 18
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 17
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 47