Jul 17, 2014, 11:06 AM EDT
Two teams that haven’t won NBA championships and a third that might not claim its title – depending how many years and moves back it wants to go back – will also be getting new jerseys next season.
In addition to every team with a championship getting a gold tag on the back of its jersey, and the Pacers, Kings and Raptors will wear new old duds:
The 1990s Pacers jerseys are pretty sweet, and they bring back some fond memories of competitive Indiana teams that could never get over the hump. If only there were parallels to the present to really bring everything full circle.
If the Kings – who won the 1951 NBA championship as the Rochester Royals – have jerseys that look more like the originals than the illustration, I’ll like them. Otherwise, not so much. I definitely prefer this Royals throwback.
The dribbling-dinosaur Raptors jerseys were so garish, they’re now classic. I absolutely love those.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 9
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 20
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13