Jul 17, 2014, 11:06 AM EDT
Two teams that haven’t won NBA championships and a third that might not claim its title – depending how many years and moves back it wants to go back – will also be getting new jerseys next season.
In addition to every team with a championship getting a gold tag on the back of its jersey, and the Pacers, Kings and Raptors will wear new old duds:
The 1990s Pacers jerseys are pretty sweet, and they bring back some fond memories of competitive Indiana teams that could never get over the hump. If only there were parallels to the present to really bring everything full circle.
If the Kings – who won the 1951 NBA championship as the Rochester Royals – have jerseys that look more like the originals than the illustration, I’ll like them. Otherwise, not so much. I definitely prefer this Royals throwback.
The dribbling-dinosaur Raptors jerseys were so garish, they’re now classic. I absolutely love those.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 10
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 7
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 10
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 7
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 42
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4