Jul 17, 2014, 11:06 AM EDT
Two teams that haven’t won NBA championships and a third that might not claim its title – depending how many years and moves back it wants to go back – will also be getting new jerseys next season.
In addition to every team with a championship getting a gold tag on the back of its jersey, and the Pacers, Kings and Raptors will wear new old duds:
The 1990s Pacers jerseys are pretty sweet, and they bring back some fond memories of competitive Indiana teams that could never get over the hump. If only there were parallels to the present to really bring everything full circle.
If the Kings – who won the 1951 NBA championship as the Rochester Royals – have jerseys that look more like the originals than the illustration, I’ll like them. Otherwise, not so much. I definitely prefer this Royals throwback.
The dribbling-dinosaur Raptors jerseys were so garish, they’re now classic. I absolutely love those.
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 0
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20