Jul 17, 2014, 11:06 AM EDT
Two teams that haven’t won NBA championships and a third that might not claim its title – depending how many years and moves back it wants to go back – will also be getting new jerseys next season.
In addition to every team with a championship getting a gold tag on the back of its jersey, and the Pacers, Kings and Raptors will wear new old duds:
The 1990s Pacers jerseys are pretty sweet, and they bring back some fond memories of competitive Indiana teams that could never get over the hump. If only there were parallels to the present to really bring everything full circle.
If the Kings – who won the 1951 NBA championship as the Rochester Royals – have jerseys that look more like the originals than the illustration, I’ll like them. Otherwise, not so much. I definitely prefer this Royals throwback.
The dribbling-dinosaur Raptors jerseys were so garish, they’re now classic. I absolutely love those.
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 0
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 8
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 5
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 35
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 4
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 14
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3