Jul 16, 2014, 2:28 PM EDT
The Wizards continue to have a very nice off-season. They lost Trevor Ariza but brought in more versatile scoring with Paul Pierce, they retained Marcin Gortat, they got some quality depth up front with Kris Humphries, Otto Porter has looked much better at Summer League, not to mention Bradley Beal and John Wall are still developing.
Now you can add DeJuan Blair to that list.
The Wizards are going to add a nice bench big to their list with a little help from Dallas. Blair himself confirmed it on twitter:
For Washington, they pick up a big man who played 15 minutes of solid ball for the Mavericks each game last year, scoring 6.4 points a game with a good .557 true shooting percentage and grabbing 17.5 percent of the available rebounds when on the court. He is a great role player off the bench.
Washington might be the third best team in the East on paper heading into the season, and one with a year of playoff experience under its belt (plus it added Pierce, who has a ring).
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 7
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10