Jul 16, 2014, 2:28 PM EDT
The Wizards continue to have a very nice off-season. They lost Trevor Ariza but brought in more versatile scoring with Paul Pierce, they retained Marcin Gortat, they got some quality depth up front with Kris Humphries, Otto Porter has looked much better at Summer League, not to mention Bradley Beal and John Wall are still developing.
Now you can add DeJuan Blair to that list.
The Wizards are going to add a nice bench big to their list with a little help from Dallas. Blair himself confirmed it on twitter:
For Washington, they pick up a big man who played 15 minutes of solid ball for the Mavericks each game last year, scoring 6.4 points a game with a good .557 true shooting percentage and grabbing 17.5 percent of the available rebounds when on the court. He is a great role player off the bench.
Washington might be the third best team in the East on paper heading into the season, and one with a year of playoff experience under its belt (plus it added Pierce, who has a ring).
- Who is left on the board after wild first day of NBA free agency? 0
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 17
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 44
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 3
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 22
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 108
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 14
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 79