Jul 16, 2014, 2:28 PM EDT
The Wizards continue to have a very nice off-season. They lost Trevor Ariza but brought in more versatile scoring with Paul Pierce, they retained Marcin Gortat, they got some quality depth up front with Kris Humphries, Otto Porter has looked much better at Summer League, not to mention Bradley Beal and John Wall are still developing.
Now you can add DeJuan Blair to that list.
The Wizards are going to add a nice bench big to their list with a little help from Dallas. Blair himself confirmed it on twitter:
For Washington, they pick up a big man who played 15 minutes of solid ball for the Mavericks each game last year, scoring 6.4 points a game with a good .557 true shooting percentage and grabbing 17.5 percent of the available rebounds when on the court. He is a great role player off the bench.
Washington might be the third best team in the East on paper heading into the season, and one with a year of playoff experience under its belt (plus it added Pierce, who has a ring).
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 0
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 39
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 12
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13