Jul 16, 2014, 8:16 PM EST
Update: It’s official.
Sam Amick of USA Today:
You want to know why you work hard to keep Lance Stephenson in Indiana? This next sentence explains it.
With Stephenson gone the Pacers have turned their sights to Rodney Stuckey to fill that role.
That according to Marc Stein at ESPN:
Stuckey is a volume scorer. Like Stephenson he attacks the rim aggressively, has a decent midrange game, but he’s not going to get boards or dish out assists. Plus, Stuckey is just not efficient — he put up 13.9 points a game last season but with a below averaged true shooting percentage of .516.
Stuckey’s a sixth man candidate in my mind, but we’re at the point in free agency where the Pacers are not going to have a lot of good options because those guys are off the board.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 10
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0