Jul 16, 2014, 8:16 PM EDT
Update: It’s official.
Sam Amick of USA Today:
You want to know why you work hard to keep Lance Stephenson in Indiana? This next sentence explains it.
With Stephenson gone the Pacers have turned their sights to Rodney Stuckey to fill that role.
That according to Marc Stein at ESPN:
Stuckey is a volume scorer. Like Stephenson he attacks the rim aggressively, has a decent midrange game, but he’s not going to get boards or dish out assists. Plus, Stuckey is just not efficient — he put up 13.9 points a game last season but with a below averaged true shooting percentage of .516.
Stuckey’s a sixth man candidate in my mind, but we’re at the point in free agency where the Pacers are not going to have a lot of good options because those guys are off the board.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 12
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 20
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8