Jul 16, 2014, 8:16 PM EDT
Update: It’s official.
Sam Amick of USA Today:
You want to know why you work hard to keep Lance Stephenson in Indiana? This next sentence explains it.
With Stephenson gone the Pacers have turned their sights to Rodney Stuckey to fill that role.
That according to Marc Stein at ESPN:
Stuckey is a volume scorer. Like Stephenson he attacks the rim aggressively, has a decent midrange game, but he’s not going to get boards or dish out assists. Plus, Stuckey is just not efficient — he put up 13.9 points a game last season but with a below averaged true shooting percentage of .516.
Stuckey’s a sixth man candidate in my mind, but we’re at the point in free agency where the Pacers are not going to have a lot of good options because those guys are off the board.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 9
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 69
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30