Jul 16, 2014, 8:16 PM EDT
Update: It’s official.
Sam Amick of USA Today:
You want to know why you work hard to keep Lance Stephenson in Indiana? This next sentence explains it.
With Stephenson gone the Pacers have turned their sights to Rodney Stuckey to fill that role.
That according to Marc Stein at ESPN:
Stuckey is a volume scorer. Like Stephenson he attacks the rim aggressively, has a decent midrange game, but he’s not going to get boards or dish out assists. Plus, Stuckey is just not efficient — he put up 13.9 points a game last season but with a below averaged true shooting percentage of .516.
Stuckey’s a sixth man candidate in my mind, but we’re at the point in free agency where the Pacers are not going to have a lot of good options because those guys are off the board.
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 5
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 10
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 4
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18