Jul 16, 2014, 8:16 PM EDT
Update: It’s official.
Sam Amick of USA Today:
You want to know why you work hard to keep Lance Stephenson in Indiana? This next sentence explains it.
With Stephenson gone the Pacers have turned their sights to Rodney Stuckey to fill that role.
That according to Marc Stein at ESPN:
Stuckey is a volume scorer. Like Stephenson he attacks the rim aggressively, has a decent midrange game, but he’s not going to get boards or dish out assists. Plus, Stuckey is just not efficient — he put up 13.9 points a game last season but with a below averaged true shooting percentage of .516.
Stuckey’s a sixth man candidate in my mind, but we’re at the point in free agency where the Pacers are not going to have a lot of good options because those guys are off the board.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18