Jul 16, 2014, 10:39 PM EDT
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports:
This is really nice value for the Lakers, who previously overspent on Hill and Nick Young. Davis is the type of young player with upside and a low price tag they should have been targeting all along.
If Davis is a stop-gap, that’s fine. That’s all he’s costing.
But he might develop into more – and that’s why the Lakers come out ahead on this deal.
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 4
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 7
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 11
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 4
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 37
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1