Jul 16, 2014, 10:39 PM EDT
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports:
This is really nice value for the Lakers, who previously overspent on Hill and Nick Young. Davis is the type of young player with upside and a low price tag they should have been targeting all along.
If Davis is a stop-gap, that’s fine. That’s all he’s costing.
But he might develop into more – and that’s why the Lakers come out ahead on this deal.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 7
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4