Jul 16, 2014, 12:31 PM EST
It doesn’t exactly sound like he wants to be in Sacramento this coming season, either.
Speaking in a radio interview on Tuesday, not only did Terry say how much he’d like to return to Dallas where he won a championship in 2011, but he had some less-than-glowing remarks for two current members of the Kings who are technically his teammates.
The situation in Sacramento is one centered around rebuilding and youth, not exactly one catering to a 36-year-old shooting guard. Being rather direct, Terry said that the situation with the Kings wasn’t an ideal one for him.
“I wouldn’t say it’s rebuilding, but a building process,” Terry said. “DeMarcus Cousins, a huge talent. Attitude, a little shaky. Rudy Gay, not a proven winner in this league but a tremendous talent and a guy you can build around.
“They’re in transition right now. For me, at this point in my career, I want championships.”
Terry has one year and $5.4 million left on his contract with Sacramento, but the team has no interest in a buyout of the full amount, reports Jason Jones of the Sacramento Bee.
Terry wasn’t exactly slamming his fellow Kings here; after all, what he said is essentially common knowledge. But it’s unlikely to be viewed that way internally, and whether he’s waived using the stretch provision or bought out for less than the total value of his deal, it would seem likely that Terry won’t be a member of the Kings by the time next season begins.
- NBA denies Kings’ protest 2
- Russell Westbrook returns to court tonight for Thunder vs. Knicks 7
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 9
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 8
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9