Jul 16, 2014, 4:27 PM EST
LAS VEGAS — The Warriors have one of the best starting backcourts in the NBA in Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson, and they made a nice pickup adding Shaun Livingston as a backup this summer. But they still could use a little more depth.
That turns out to be Brandon Rush.
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports broke the story that the two sides were very close to a deal .
A league source familiar with the talks confirmed to ProBasketballTalk (and Steve Kyler of Basketball Insiders) that a deal indeed was near and very well could be done by the end of the day.
This is a two-year, $2.5 million deal, Wojnarowski reports.
Rush, coming off an ACL tear that limited his time in Utah last season, held a private workout in Las Vegas Tuesday and was moving well, according to Kyler.
Before going to Utah Rush averaged 9.8 points and 3.9 rebounds for the Warriors in the 2012 season.
He could see some real run, but how well he defends will determine how much he gets under new coach Steve Kerr.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 8
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 11
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 32
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10