Jul 16, 2014, 4:27 PM EDT
LAS VEGAS — The Warriors have one of the best starting backcourts in the NBA in Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson, and they made a nice pickup adding Shaun Livingston as a backup this summer. But they still could use a little more depth.
That turns out to be Brandon Rush.
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports broke the story that the two sides were very close to a deal .
A league source familiar with the talks confirmed to ProBasketballTalk (and Steve Kyler of Basketball Insiders) that a deal indeed was near and very well could be done by the end of the day.
This is a two-year, $2.5 million deal, Wojnarowski reports.
Rush, coming off an ACL tear that limited his time in Utah last season, held a private workout in Las Vegas Tuesday and was moving well, according to Kyler.
Before going to Utah Rush averaged 9.8 points and 3.9 rebounds for the Warriors in the 2012 season.
He could see some real run, but how well he defends will determine how much he gets under new coach Steve Kerr.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 25
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 29
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4