Jul 16, 2014, 4:27 PM EDT
LAS VEGAS — The Warriors have one of the best starting backcourts in the NBA in Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson, and they made a nice pickup adding Shaun Livingston as a backup this summer. But they still could use a little more depth.
That turns out to be Brandon Rush.
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports broke the story that the two sides were very close to a deal .
A league source familiar with the talks confirmed to ProBasketballTalk (and Steve Kyler of Basketball Insiders) that a deal indeed was near and very well could be done by the end of the day.
This is a two-year, $2.5 million deal, Wojnarowski reports.
Rush, coming off an ACL tear that limited his time in Utah last season, held a private workout in Las Vegas Tuesday and was moving well, according to Kyler.
Before going to Utah Rush averaged 9.8 points and 3.9 rebounds for the Warriors in the 2012 season.
He could see some real run, but how well he defends will determine how much he gets under new coach Steve Kerr.
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 0
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 29
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 35