Jul 16, 2014, 4:27 PM EDT
LAS VEGAS — The Warriors have one of the best starting backcourts in the NBA in Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson, and they made a nice pickup adding Shaun Livingston as a backup this summer. But they still could use a little more depth.
That turns out to be Brandon Rush.
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports broke the story that the two sides were very close to a deal .
A league source familiar with the talks confirmed to ProBasketballTalk (and Steve Kyler of Basketball Insiders) that a deal indeed was near and very well could be done by the end of the day.
This is a two-year, $2.5 million deal, Wojnarowski reports.
Rush, coming off an ACL tear that limited his time in Utah last season, held a private workout in Las Vegas Tuesday and was moving well, according to Kyler.
Before going to Utah Rush averaged 9.8 points and 3.9 rebounds for the Warriors in the 2012 season.
He could see some real run, but how well he defends will determine how much he gets under new coach Steve Kerr.
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 18
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 55
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23