Jul 15, 2014, 10:55 PM EDT
With the Bobcats last season, Jeff Adrien played better than he ever.
They still traded him to the Bucks during the season to get Luke Ridnour and Gary Neal, but Adrien kept at it in Milwaukee. The lowly Bucks added to Adrien’s on-court responsibilities in new ways, and once limited to just hustle plays, he acquitted himself well.
Now, his team prior to Charlotte wants him once again.
Free-agent forward Jeff Adrien has agreed to a one-year, league-minimum deal with the Houston Rockets, league sources told Yahoo Sports.
Adrien has one definite NBA skill. Just 17 players received as much playing time and had a higher rebounding percentage than Adrien last season:
- Andre Drummond
- Omer Asik
- DeAndre Jordan
- Andrew Bogut
- DeMarcus Cousins
- Dwight Howard
- Anderson Varejao
- Nikola Vucevic
- Samuel Dalembert
- Bismack Biyombo
- Kevin Garnett
- Jordan Hill
- Tim Duncan
- Tyson Chandler
- Kevin Love
- Kosta Koufos
- J.J. Hickson
If the progress he showed with the Bucks is sustainable, Adrien might carve a role in the Rockets’ rotation. If not, Houston will at least have a useful player when rebounding becomes a priority.
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 14
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 39
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 81
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48