Jul 15, 2014, 10:55 PM EDT
With the Bobcats last season, Jeff Adrien played better than he ever.
They still traded him to the Bucks during the season to get Luke Ridnour and Gary Neal, but Adrien kept at it in Milwaukee. The lowly Bucks added to Adrien’s on-court responsibilities in new ways, and once limited to just hustle plays, he acquitted himself well.
Now, his team prior to Charlotte wants him once again.
Free-agent forward Jeff Adrien has agreed to a one-year, league-minimum deal with the Houston Rockets, league sources told Yahoo Sports.
Adrien has one definite NBA skill. Just 17 players received as much playing time and had a higher rebounding percentage than Adrien last season:
- Andre Drummond
- Omer Asik
- DeAndre Jordan
- Andrew Bogut
- DeMarcus Cousins
- Dwight Howard
- Anderson Varejao
- Nikola Vucevic
- Samuel Dalembert
- Bismack Biyombo
- Kevin Garnett
- Jordan Hill
- Tim Duncan
- Tyson Chandler
- Kevin Love
- Kosta Koufos
- J.J. Hickson
If the progress he showed with the Bucks is sustainable, Adrien might carve a role in the Rockets’ rotation. If not, Houston will at least have a useful player when rebounding becomes a priority.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 20
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 16
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10