Jul 15, 2014, 10:55 PM EDT
With the Bobcats last season, Jeff Adrien played better than he ever.
They still traded him to the Bucks during the season to get Luke Ridnour and Gary Neal, but Adrien kept at it in Milwaukee. The lowly Bucks added to Adrien’s on-court responsibilities in new ways, and once limited to just hustle plays, he acquitted himself well.
Now, his team prior to Charlotte wants him once again.
Free-agent forward Jeff Adrien has agreed to a one-year, league-minimum deal with the Houston Rockets, league sources told Yahoo Sports.
Adrien has one definite NBA skill. Just 17 players received as much playing time and had a higher rebounding percentage than Adrien last season:
- Andre Drummond
- Omer Asik
- DeAndre Jordan
- Andrew Bogut
- DeMarcus Cousins
- Dwight Howard
- Anderson Varejao
- Nikola Vucevic
- Samuel Dalembert
- Bismack Biyombo
- Kevin Garnett
- Jordan Hill
- Tim Duncan
- Tyson Chandler
- Kevin Love
- Kosta Koufos
- J.J. Hickson
If the progress he showed with the Bucks is sustainable, Adrien might carve a role in the Rockets’ rotation. If not, Houston will at least have a useful player when rebounding becomes a priority.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 16
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32