Jul 15, 2014, 10:55 PM EDT
With the Bobcats last season, Jeff Adrien played better than he ever.
They still traded him to the Bucks during the season to get Luke Ridnour and Gary Neal, but Adrien kept at it in Milwaukee. The lowly Bucks added to Adrien’s on-court responsibilities in new ways, and once limited to just hustle plays, he acquitted himself well.
Now, his team prior to Charlotte wants him once again.
Free-agent forward Jeff Adrien has agreed to a one-year, league-minimum deal with the Houston Rockets, league sources told Yahoo Sports.
Adrien has one definite NBA skill. Just 17 players received as much playing time and had a higher rebounding percentage than Adrien last season:
- Andre Drummond
- Omer Asik
- DeAndre Jordan
- Andrew Bogut
- DeMarcus Cousins
- Dwight Howard
- Anderson Varejao
- Nikola Vucevic
- Samuel Dalembert
- Bismack Biyombo
- Kevin Garnett
- Jordan Hill
- Tim Duncan
- Tyson Chandler
- Kevin Love
- Kosta Koufos
- J.J. Hickson
If the progress he showed with the Bucks is sustainable, Adrien might carve a role in the Rockets’ rotation. If not, Houston will at least have a useful player when rebounding becomes a priority.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18