Jul 15, 2014, 10:55 PM EDT
With the Bobcats last season, Jeff Adrien played better than he ever.
They still traded him to the Bucks during the season to get Luke Ridnour and Gary Neal, but Adrien kept at it in Milwaukee. The lowly Bucks added to Adrien’s on-court responsibilities in new ways, and once limited to just hustle plays, he acquitted himself well.
Now, his team prior to Charlotte wants him once again.
Free-agent forward Jeff Adrien has agreed to a one-year, league-minimum deal with the Houston Rockets, league sources told Yahoo Sports.
Adrien has one definite NBA skill. Just 17 players received as much playing time and had a higher rebounding percentage than Adrien last season:
- Andre Drummond
- Omer Asik
- DeAndre Jordan
- Andrew Bogut
- DeMarcus Cousins
- Dwight Howard
- Anderson Varejao
- Nikola Vucevic
- Samuel Dalembert
- Bismack Biyombo
- Kevin Garnett
- Jordan Hill
- Tim Duncan
- Tyson Chandler
- Kevin Love
- Kosta Koufos
- J.J. Hickson
If the progress he showed with the Bucks is sustainable, Adrien might carve a role in the Rockets’ rotation. If not, Houston will at least have a useful player when rebounding becomes a priority.
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 2
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 1
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 52
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6