Jul 14, 2014, 5:55 PM EDT
Perry Jones’ summer development plans just hit a detour.
The lightly used power forward needs to make some leaps to find his way into the Thunder’s regular rotations but all that is on hold how after he got his knee scoped out, reports Darnell Mayberry on twitter.
Thunder spokesman says Perry Jones has undergone arthroscopic surgery on his right knee. Procedure was planned. Jones will miss 4-6 weeks.—
Darnell Mayberry (@DarnellMayberry) July 14, 2014
He should be back and 100 percent for training camp.
Jones got in 62 games for the Thunder last season, he played about 12 minutes a game when he did and put up an inefficient 3.5 points a game.
Coach Scott Brooks found ways to slide him into the rotation, sometimes using him as a three, to give him different opportunities. Jones has yet to really grab one of those. There is so much athleticism and potential the Thunder aren’t about to give up on him, but it’s getting closer to the time we need to see at least some of that potential realized.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 32
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23