Jul 14, 2014, 5:55 PM EDT
Perry Jones’ summer development plans just hit a detour.
The lightly used power forward needs to make some leaps to find his way into the Thunder’s regular rotations but all that is on hold how after he got his knee scoped out, reports Darnell Mayberry on twitter.
Thunder spokesman says Perry Jones has undergone arthroscopic surgery on his right knee. Procedure was planned. Jones will miss 4-6 weeks.—
Darnell Mayberry (@DarnellMayberry) July 14, 2014
He should be back and 100 percent for training camp.
Jones got in 62 games for the Thunder last season, he played about 12 minutes a game when he did and put up an inefficient 3.5 points a game.
Coach Scott Brooks found ways to slide him into the rotation, sometimes using him as a three, to give him different opportunities. Jones has yet to really grab one of those. There is so much athleticism and potential the Thunder aren’t about to give up on him, but it’s getting closer to the time we need to see at least some of that potential realized.
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 60
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59