Jul 14, 2014, 5:55 PM EDT
Perry Jones’ summer development plans just hit a detour.
The lightly used power forward needs to make some leaps to find his way into the Thunder’s regular rotations but all that is on hold how after he got his knee scoped out, reports Darnell Mayberry on twitter.
He should be back and 100 percent for training camp.
Jones got in 62 games for the Thunder last season, he played about 12 minutes a game when he did and put up an inefficient 3.5 points a game.
Coach Scott Brooks found ways to slide him into the rotation, sometimes using him as a three, to give him different opportunities. Jones has yet to really grab one of those. There is so much athleticism and potential the Thunder aren’t about to give up on him, but it’s getting closer to the time we need to see at least some of that potential realized.
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 52
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 56
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6