Jul 14, 2014, 11:38 PM EDT
Since, one of the other leading candidates (maybe even the leading other candidate), Lionel Hollins, became the Nets’ head coach. Another interviewee in the mix, Kurt Rambis, joined the Knicks as an assistant.
Everything is pointing toward Scott, and the Lakers are so inspired by his candidacy, they’re rushing to… do absolutely nothing.
The Los Angeles Lakers expect to hire a head coach in the next “week or two,” according to a league source, but do not consider the interview process to be finished with.
even he would likely need another interview before being named coach, according to the source.
Maybe the Lakers are still going with their original plan – letting their top free agent choose the next coach. That can take a little time for everything to unfold.
I wonder whom Nick Young will choose.
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 16
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 21
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 6
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 64
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 18
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 16