Jul 14, 2014, 11:38 PM EDT
Since, one of the other leading candidates (maybe even the leading other candidate), Lionel Hollins, became the Nets’ head coach. Another interviewee in the mix, Kurt Rambis, joined the Knicks as an assistant.
Everything is pointing toward Scott, and the Lakers are so inspired by his candidacy, they’re rushing to… do absolutely nothing.
The Los Angeles Lakers expect to hire a head coach in the next “week or two,” according to a league source, but do not consider the interview process to be finished with.
even he would likely need another interview before being named coach, according to the source.
Maybe the Lakers are still going with their original plan – letting their top free agent choose the next coach. That can take a little time for everything to unfold.
I wonder whom Nick Young will choose.
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 47
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 20
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6