Jul 14, 2014, 11:38 PM EDT
Since, one of the other leading candidates (maybe even the leading other candidate), Lionel Hollins, became the Nets’ head coach. Another interviewee in the mix, Kurt Rambis, joined the Knicks as an assistant.
Everything is pointing toward Scott, and the Lakers are so inspired by his candidacy, they’re rushing to… do absolutely nothing.
The Los Angeles Lakers expect to hire a head coach in the next “week or two,” according to a league source, but do not consider the interview process to be finished with.
even he would likely need another interview before being named coach, according to the source.
Maybe the Lakers are still going with their original plan – letting their top free agent choose the next coach. That can take a little time for everything to unfold.
I wonder whom Nick Young will choose.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 8
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 17
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3