Jul 14, 2014, 11:38 PM EDT
Since, one of the other leading candidates (maybe even the leading other candidate), Lionel Hollins, became the Nets’ head coach. Another interviewee in the mix, Kurt Rambis, joined the Knicks as an assistant.
Everything is pointing toward Scott, and the Lakers are so inspired by his candidacy, they’re rushing to… do absolutely nothing.
The Los Angeles Lakers expect to hire a head coach in the next “week or two,” according to a league source, but do not consider the interview process to be finished with.
even he would likely need another interview before being named coach, according to the source.
Maybe the Lakers are still going with their original plan – letting their top free agent choose the next coach. That can take a little time for everything to unfold.
I wonder whom Nick Young will choose.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 16
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9