Jul 14, 2014, 11:38 PM EST
Since, one of the other leading candidates (maybe even the leading other candidate), Lionel Hollins, became the Nets’ head coach. Another interviewee in the mix, Kurt Rambis, joined the Knicks as an assistant.
Everything is pointing toward Scott, and the Lakers are so inspired by his candidacy, they’re rushing to… do absolutely nothing.
The Los Angeles Lakers expect to hire a head coach in the next “week or two,” according to a league source, but do not consider the interview process to be finished with.
even he would likely need another interview before being named coach, according to the source.
Maybe the Lakers are still going with their original plan – letting their top free agent choose the next coach. That can take a little time for everything to unfold.
I wonder whom Nick Young will choose.
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 14
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 7
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16