Jul 14, 2014, 7:33 PM EST
Ersan Ilyasova is not part of those future plans. Last season, when healthy, he shot 28.2 percent from three, played little defense and was generally a mess. He battled foot and ankle issues almost all season.
The Bucks are ready to move on, reports Gery Woelfel of the Racine Journal Times.
The bigger problem might be it’s going to be hard to shop him.
Ilyasova makes $15.8 million guaranteed the next two seasons (there is a third season on his deal but with a cheap buyout). That’s a lot of money to take on for a guy who didn’t do squat last season. Teams aren’t just going to take him on, they are going to want a sweetener. Not sure the Bucks have one they are eager to give up.
Still, something to watch.
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 13
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 12
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29