Jul 14, 2014, 7:33 PM EDT
Ersan Ilyasova is not part of those future plans. Last season, when healthy, he shot 28.2 percent from three, played little defense and was generally a mess. He battled foot and ankle issues almost all season.
The Bucks are ready to move on, reports Gery Woelfel of the Racine Journal Times.
Bucks are still shopping Ilyasova and, as an NBA official added "shopping him hard."—
Gery Woelfel (@GeryWoelfel) July 14, 2014
The bigger problem might be it’s going to be hard to shop him.
Ilyasova makes $15.8 million guaranteed the next two seasons (there is a third season on his deal but with a cheap buyout). That’s a lot of money to take on for a guy who didn’t do squat last season. Teams aren’t just going to take him on, they are going to want a sweetener. Not sure the Bucks have one they are eager to give up.
Still, something to watch.
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 16
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 17
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6