Jul 14, 2014, 7:33 PM EDT
Ersan Ilyasova is not part of those future plans. Last season, when healthy, he shot 28.2 percent from three, played little defense and was generally a mess. He battled foot and ankle issues almost all season.
The Bucks are ready to move on, reports Gery Woelfel of the Racine Journal Times.
The bigger problem might be it’s going to be hard to shop him.
Ilyasova makes $15.8 million guaranteed the next two seasons (there is a third season on his deal but with a cheap buyout). That’s a lot of money to take on for a guy who didn’t do squat last season. Teams aren’t just going to take him on, they are going to want a sweetener. Not sure the Bucks have one they are eager to give up.
Still, something to watch.
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 4
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 19
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 12
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 28