Jul 14, 2014, 7:33 PM EDT
Ersan Ilyasova is not part of those future plans. Last season, when healthy, he shot 28.2 percent from three, played little defense and was generally a mess. He battled foot and ankle issues almost all season.
The Bucks are ready to move on, reports Gery Woelfel of the Racine Journal Times.
The bigger problem might be it’s going to be hard to shop him.
Ilyasova makes $15.8 million guaranteed the next two seasons (there is a third season on his deal but with a cheap buyout). That’s a lot of money to take on for a guy who didn’t do squat last season. Teams aren’t just going to take him on, they are going to want a sweetener. Not sure the Bucks have one they are eager to give up.
Still, something to watch.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 0
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 17
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49