Jul 14, 2014, 7:33 PM EST
Ersan Ilyasova is not part of those future plans. Last season, when healthy, he shot 28.2 percent from three, played little defense and was generally a mess. He battled foot and ankle issues almost all season.
The Bucks are ready to move on, reports Gery Woelfel of the Racine Journal Times.
The bigger problem might be it’s going to be hard to shop him.
Ilyasova makes $15.8 million guaranteed the next two seasons (there is a third season on his deal but with a cheap buyout). That’s a lot of money to take on for a guy who didn’t do squat last season. Teams aren’t just going to take him on, they are going to want a sweetener. Not sure the Bucks have one they are eager to give up.
Still, something to watch.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 12
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 58
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7