Andrew Wiggins with the 360, behind the back dunk in warmups (VIDEO)

Jul 14, 2014, 8:45 AM EDT

LAS VEGAS — What is crazy is how casual and easy he made that look.

Andrew Wiggins is packing the house in Las Vegas and showing flashes of what made him the No. 1 overall pick — the guy’s athleticism is ridiculous but his game needs a lot of polish. But his best highlight on Sunday came with this dunk in the warm ups.

Get this man in the dunk contest. Now. Just offer the invitation in July.

1. tomasekradek - Jul 14, 2014 at 8:51 AM

That would be more than enough for the win in dunk contest last 5 years or so

• 1heatedtoombrayduh - Jul 14, 2014 at 11:52 AM

JR smith did a variation of this dunk in one of the contests

• tomasekradek - Jul 14, 2014 at 12:36 PM

I think JR did simple behind the back and at the time i thought it was sick. But watching this I can’t even remember who some JR Smith is.

• sumkat - Jul 14, 2014 at 8:38 PM

Untrue, you can only win a dunk contest with a gimmick, the best dunk doesn’t matter

Jump over the hood of a car (and pretend it’s the roof), or wear a cape, or be short and jump over someone. Those are the keys to win a dunk contest in the nba!

• crik911 - Jul 15, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Demar got ripped off!!! Gimmicks wont that for Blake and I can’t stand it. Haven’t watched the allstar game nor the dunk contest since.

2. zoomy123 - Jul 14, 2014 at 8:56 AM

He can do pretty dunks. This must be why people think he’s not worth Kevin Love. SMH.

• 00maltliquor - Jul 14, 2014 at 4:13 PM

I bet you you’re someone who thinks all Blake Griffin can do is dunk.

No, the “pretty dunks” are just what you think people think is not worth trading for Love.

• zoomy123 - Jul 14, 2014 at 4:33 PM

I don’t need you to tell me what I think based on a facetious comment.

3. kane337 - Jul 14, 2014 at 9:18 AM

That’s pretty suck

• balsagna - Jul 14, 2014 at 9:26 AM

Auto correct sure is wonderful, ain’t it?

• dablakdrphil - Jul 14, 2014 at 7:40 PM

We knew what he meant

I swear people get so antsy when someone makes a Typo. They act like they’re going to win an award for pointing out Typo’s.

4. soopreme - Jul 14, 2014 at 9:20 AM

If I were the Cavs I wouldn’t trade Wiggins for Love for anything.

• 00maltliquor - Jul 14, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Amen

5. ravenswhat - Jul 14, 2014 at 10:01 AM

People stunned over why cavs wouldn’t trade wiggins for Love don’t seem to understand that Love plays no D. The value of having both Lebron and Wiggins locking down the 2 best players far outweighs love’s scoring and rebounding.

• zoomy123 - Jul 14, 2014 at 10:16 AM

In what world is having a rookie who hasn’t played defense against any actual NBA players more valuable than a top 10 player who averages 26-12-4?! If Andrew Wiggins was Tony Allen would you still be spouting off nonsense about how you wouldn’t trade him? Because that’s what Andrew Wiggins is right now: An athletic Tony Allen with no proven defensive skills at an elite level.

Charles Barkley is right, people see someone who can run fast and jump high and their freakin heads explode.

• jvw1982 - Jul 14, 2014 at 10:26 AM

If Charles said to trade Wiggins for Love then I will have to disagree with him…..Love is a numbers guy but doesn’t win….how many top 10 players in the league last yr didn’t make the playoffs…Melo and Love……I will take my chances with this kid, he has a chance to be great….

• zoomy123 - Jul 14, 2014 at 10:32 AM

That’s your argument? That Kevin Love doesn’t win, therefore, he’s a stat stuffer? That’s ridiculous. Lamarcus Aldridge put up basically the same numbers for years and he was completely discounted. Then his team starts winning and all of a sudden he’s a stud. This happens all the time, where people try to discount a player’s ability because they play on a bad team. News Flash: Playing on a bad team doesn’t mean your stats are not real. When you’re the rebounding champion at 22 those stats aren’t fake. Again, there’s almost no circumstance in the NBA where potential talent/production outweighs actual talent/production.

• antistratfordian - Jul 14, 2014 at 12:21 PM

It says a lot about Wiggins that they won’t trade him for Love. But it’s not complicated. They have Wiggins rated very highly and they believe they’ll be better off if they keep him. There’s nothing strange about that.

• sdlakerfan - Jul 14, 2014 at 7:49 PM

Wiggins is also on a rookie contract which is solid gold in the NBA these days. Love would command about three times the salary and limit future moves to improve the team.

• zoomy123 - Jul 14, 2014 at 8:56 PM

This is true. But the Cavs are still better with Love than with Wiggins. Cleveland still has a glut of young talent so even if they give up, let’s say Wiggins + Waiters + picks they would still have both Bennett + Thompson. Either way Cleveland is still gonna have 2 young pieces. If you added Love the only thing you would need to round out the roster is a defender coming off the bench and shooters. You don’t need to move heaven and Earth to get that.

• soopreme - Jul 14, 2014 at 10:26 AM

Agreed, defense is key in winning championships.
      I would go after Greg Monroe before I would go after Love.
      Also Love seems to be injury prone.

• brento1499 - Jul 14, 2014 at 2:25 PM

and that’s why you are an idiot

6. jvw1982 - Jul 14, 2014 at 10:22 AM

This kid looks like the real deal already, I wouldn’t let him go for anybody….Lebron has 5-6 yrs left at a high level this kid will only be 25 then and ready to take over this team and will have 10 yrs left at a high level…..Cleveland will be relevant for the next 15-20 yrs if they keep him and add in Bennett and Irving smh they would be crazy to trade him

• football58 - Jul 14, 2014 at 12:12 PM

What makes you think Wiggins would stay if he becomes really good.

• antistratfordian - Jul 14, 2014 at 12:28 PM

Well it depends on what the team is doing. But people get attached to places. Varejao, for example, was just on the radio saying: “I had so many people in my head trying to tell me I should leave Cleveland because Cleveland was done, that I could not win a championship in Cleveland, that it was a rebuilding process, that I should go somewhere else to try to help a team win a championship. I had so many people in my head. I was always telling them that Cleveland was home for me, that I love Cleveland, that I would never ask Cleveland to trade me.”

• antistratfordian - Jul 14, 2014 at 12:23 PM

Yeah. Wiggins does look pretty good. He looks very confident and comfortable out there.

7. harshedmellow - Jul 14, 2014 at 1:40 PM

In a Lebron fan, so I’ll follow him (figuratively) to CLE.

(Figuratively ’cause *I* ain’t living in Cleveland! Haha)

I’m really torn on the Wiggins >> Love trade. Love is a 25 year guy who puts up ridiculous stat lines nightly. Picturing him paired with a legit top-tier PG in Irving, legit forwards across the key in Big V and maybe Bennet, and oh by the way LBJ playing guard/forward….. that’s a pretty sick lineup.

But Wiggins might just be one of “those guys”… you don’t trade one of those guys.

I think much keys on Bennet. If he can become a legit NBA PF then I think you stick with Wiggins.

8. naterich21 - Jul 14, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Money/cap room will become an issue for the Cavs in a few years like what broke the Thunder apart, but the sky really is the limit for this team

9. haaaaasoooooo - Jul 14, 2014 at 7:56 PM

Just so we are clear, you are saying that the success of the Cavs rests squarely on Bennett’s shoulders? Bwahahahaha!

Stephenson goes elsewhere for his future
Top 10 NBA Player Searches