Jul 12, 2014, 1:42 PM EDT
Oklahoma City was a middle of the road three point shooting team last season — 14th in the NBA in attempts from beyond the arc, 14th in three point shooting percentage.
They might improve that some next season now.
The Thunder are adding sharpshooter Anthony Morrow to the roster, reports the fantastic Thunder beat writer Darnell Mayberry.
This is a three-year, $10 million deal according to reports. That seems a fair price. There are conflicting reports but we’ve heard there is a team option on the final year.
This is a little bit of a surprise, Morrow had been courted by the Clippers, Heat, Wizards, Raptors, Suns but the Thunder were a late entry into the race.
If you’re going to stick around as an NBA role player you generally need one exceptional skill. Morrow shot 45.1 percent from three last season — he does that one thing very well. He will not bring the Thunder much else.
But he brings them one thing they could use off the bench. This is not the Thunder’s main target (Pau Gasol, who appears Chicago bound) but this a good pickup for the OKC rotation.
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 0
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1