Jul 12, 2014, 1:42 PM EST
Oklahoma City was a middle of the road three point shooting team last season — 14th in the NBA in attempts from beyond the arc, 14th in three point shooting percentage.
They might improve that some next season now.
The Thunder are adding sharpshooter Anthony Morrow to the roster, reports the fantastic Thunder beat writer Darnell Mayberry.
This is a three-year, $10 million deal according to reports. That seems a fair price. There are conflicting reports but we’ve heard there is a team option on the final year.
This is a little bit of a surprise, Morrow had been courted by the Clippers, Heat, Wizards, Raptors, Suns but the Thunder were a late entry into the race.
If you’re going to stick around as an NBA role player you generally need one exceptional skill. Morrow shot 45.1 percent from three last season — he does that one thing very well. He will not bring the Thunder much else.
But he brings them one thing they could use off the bench. This is not the Thunder’s main target (Pau Gasol, who appears Chicago bound) but this a good pickup for the OKC rotation.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 16
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 4
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11