Jul 12, 2014, 1:42 PM EDT
Oklahoma City was a middle of the road three point shooting team last season — 14th in the NBA in attempts from beyond the arc, 14th in three point shooting percentage.
They might improve that some next season now.
The Thunder are adding sharpshooter Anthony Morrow to the roster, reports the fantastic Thunder beat writer Darnell Mayberry.
This is a three-year, $10 million deal according to reports. That seems a fair price. There are conflicting reports but we’ve heard there is a team option on the final year.
This is a little bit of a surprise, Morrow had been courted by the Clippers, Heat, Wizards, Raptors, Suns but the Thunder were a late entry into the race.
If you’re going to stick around as an NBA role player you generally need one exceptional skill. Morrow shot 45.1 percent from three last season — he does that one thing very well. He will not bring the Thunder much else.
But he brings them one thing they could use off the bench. This is not the Thunder’s main target (Pau Gasol, who appears Chicago bound) but this a good pickup for the OKC rotation.
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 0
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 8
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 2
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 15
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18