Jul 12, 2014, 1:42 PM EDT
Oklahoma City was a middle of the road three point shooting team last season — 14th in the NBA in attempts from beyond the arc, 14th in three point shooting percentage.
They might improve that some next season now.
The Thunder are adding sharpshooter Anthony Morrow to the roster, reports the fantastic Thunder beat writer Darnell Mayberry.
This is a three-year, $10 million deal according to reports. That seems a fair price. There are conflicting reports but we’ve heard there is a team option on the final year.
This is a little bit of a surprise, Morrow had been courted by the Clippers, Heat, Wizards, Raptors, Suns but the Thunder were a late entry into the race.
If you’re going to stick around as an NBA role player you generally need one exceptional skill. Morrow shot 45.1 percent from three last season — he does that one thing very well. He will not bring the Thunder much else.
But he brings them one thing they could use off the bench. This is not the Thunder’s main target (Pau Gasol, who appears Chicago bound) but this a good pickup for the OKC rotation.
- PBT Extra: Spurs lead Texas winners in NBA Free Agency 0
- J.J. Redick: Clippers deserve “F” for free agency after losing DeAndre Jordan 20
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 18
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 17
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 24
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 80