Jul 12, 2014, 1:42 PM EDT
Oklahoma City was a middle of the road three point shooting team last season — 14th in the NBA in attempts from beyond the arc, 14th in three point shooting percentage.
They might improve that some next season now.
The Thunder are adding sharpshooter Anthony Morrow to the roster, reports the fantastic Thunder beat writer Darnell Mayberry.
This is a three-year, $10 million deal according to reports. That seems a fair price. There are conflicting reports but we’ve heard there is a team option on the final year.
This is a little bit of a surprise, Morrow had been courted by the Clippers, Heat, Wizards, Raptors, Suns but the Thunder were a late entry into the race.
If you’re going to stick around as an NBA role player you generally need one exceptional skill. Morrow shot 45.1 percent from three last season — he does that one thing very well. He will not bring the Thunder much else.
But he brings them one thing they could use off the bench. This is not the Thunder’s main target (Pau Gasol, who appears Chicago bound) but this a good pickup for the OKC rotation.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 25
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 29
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4