Jul 12, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
While Wade obviously didn’t want to see the game’s best player leave, he’s able to separate the business of basketball from the way he feels personally about the man who helped him win two titles and was by his side for four straight trips to the NBA Finals. And he released a statement on Saturday (via Tim Reynolds of the Associated Press) that was seemingly in support of LeBron’s choice.
“As a friend and a teammate, I am sad to see my brother LeBron leave to begin a new journey,” Wade said in the release. “In 2010, we decided to come together all for one goal — to win championships and we succeeded. We were friends when we first joined the league and created an unbreakable bond the past four years. Our collaboration will always be very special to me both personally and professionally. We shared something unique and he will always be part of my family. LeBron made the right decision for him and his family because home is where your heart is. I know this was not an easy decision to make and I support him in returning to his roots. As an organization, a community, and as individuals, we achieved the goals we set when we first signed on together. We are champions.”
The Miami Heat have acted with nothing but class in the wake of LeBron leaving, and Wade continued along that path, which was somewhat expected.
It would have been silly to assume that Wade would have somehow been angry with James for leaving, but it’s nice to see him confirm the fact that there are no hard feelings nonetheless.
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 0
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 6
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 15
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 7
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9