Report: With LeBron James heading to Cleveland, Kevin Love would commit to Cavaliers long term if traded there
Jul 11, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
Funny, LeBron James has a way of altering perception of the Cavaliers.
Cleveland has renewed interest in Love, and the feeling is mutual.
Marc Stein of ESPN:
Quick, Flip Saunders, get the Cavaliers on the phone while they’re going gaga over LeBron. I know you wanted to delay, but now is the time to pounce. Maybe you can catch Cleveland in euphoria and negotiate a steal.
Oh. It seems the Cavaliers are going the other way, getting cockier.
Love is definitely better than Wiggins right now, but Wiggins has a bright future. I think I’d deal Wiggins for Love, but it’s not an easy call.
His level of commitment would be a key factor. Love opting into the final season of his contract is a likely part of the trade, but he’d sacrifice a lot of money by signing an extension. Beyond 2015-16, Love will likely offer only his word on staying in Cleveland.
Is that enough for the Cavaliers? With LeBron, they should be confident they can convince him to stay.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 17
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 30
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85