Report: With LeBron James heading to Cleveland, Kevin Love would commit to Cavaliers long term if traded there
Jul 11, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
Funny, LeBron James has a way of altering perception of the Cavaliers.
Cleveland has renewed interest in Love, and the feeling is mutual.
Marc Stein of ESPN:
Quick, Flip Saunders, get the Cavaliers on the phone while they’re going gaga over LeBron. I know you wanted to delay, but now is the time to pounce. Maybe you can catch Cleveland in euphoria and negotiate a steal.
Oh. It seems the Cavaliers are going the other way, getting cockier.
Love is definitely better than Wiggins right now, but Wiggins has a bright future. I think I’d deal Wiggins for Love, but it’s not an easy call.
His level of commitment would be a key factor. Love opting into the final season of his contract is a likely part of the trade, but he’d sacrifice a lot of money by signing an extension. Beyond 2015-16, Love will likely offer only his word on staying in Cleveland.
Is that enough for the Cavaliers? With LeBron, they should be confident they can convince him to stay.
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 5
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 39
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 39
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17