Report: With LeBron James heading to Cleveland, Kevin Love would commit to Cavaliers long term if traded there
Jul 11, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
Funny, LeBron James has a way of altering perception of the Cavaliers.
Cleveland has renewed interest in Love, and the feeling is mutual.
Marc Stein of ESPN:
Quick, Flip Saunders, get the Cavaliers on the phone while they’re going gaga over LeBron. I know you wanted to delay, but now is the time to pounce. Maybe you can catch Cleveland in euphoria and negotiate a steal.
Oh. It seems the Cavaliers are going the other way, getting cockier.
Love is definitely better than Wiggins right now, but Wiggins has a bright future. I think I’d deal Wiggins for Love, but it’s not an easy call.
His level of commitment would be a key factor. Love opting into the final season of his contract is a likely part of the trade, but he’d sacrifice a lot of money by signing an extension. Beyond 2015-16, Love will likely offer only his word on staying in Cleveland.
Is that enough for the Cavaliers? With LeBron, they should be confident they can convince him to stay.
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 0
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 6
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 3
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 44
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7
- Report: Lakers considering bringing back Metta World Peace 33