Jul 11, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
If you want to stick in the NBA as a role player, be great at one thing.
Anthony Morrow does exactly that — he shot 45.1 percent from three last season. He’s not going to give you a lot of rebounding or defense or much of anything else, but the man can shoot the rock.
And a lot of teams could use a guy who can knock down threes, so he has options at this point in free agency, reports David Aldridge of TNT and NBA.com.
To be clear, Aldridge meant teams would want to use money up to the mid-level exception amount, although likely only a portion of it (or an equivalent sum not from the MLE itself).
Those are some good teams that could use Morrow, but he likely waits to see both how the LeBron James saga plays out (Miami far more attractive if he’s there, obviously) and what teams will offer him.
In the end, it’s about the money and who offers the most. But right now Morrow is part of the bottleneck, waiting his turn.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 20
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 20
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 49