Jul 11, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
If you want to stick in the NBA as a role player, be great at one thing.
Anthony Morrow does exactly that — he shot 45.1 percent from three last season. He’s not going to give you a lot of rebounding or defense or much of anything else, but the man can shoot the rock.
And a lot of teams could use a guy who can knock down threes, so he has options at this point in free agency, reports David Aldridge of TNT and NBA.com.
To be clear, Aldridge meant teams would want to use money up to the mid-level exception amount, although likely only a portion of it (or an equivalent sum not from the MLE itself).
Those are some good teams that could use Morrow, but he likely waits to see both how the LeBron James saga plays out (Miami far more attractive if he’s there, obviously) and what teams will offer him.
In the end, it’s about the money and who offers the most. But right now Morrow is part of the bottleneck, waiting his turn.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 1
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 1
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 2
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 25
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 6
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 7
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15