Jul 11, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
If you want to stick in the NBA as a role player, be great at one thing.
Anthony Morrow does exactly that — he shot 45.1 percent from three last season. He’s not going to give you a lot of rebounding or defense or much of anything else, but the man can shoot the rock.
And a lot of teams could use a guy who can knock down threes, so he has options at this point in free agency, reports David Aldridge of TNT and NBA.com.
To be clear, Aldridge meant teams would want to use money up to the mid-level exception amount, although likely only a portion of it (or an equivalent sum not from the MLE itself).
Those are some good teams that could use Morrow, but he likely waits to see both how the LeBron James saga plays out (Miami far more attractive if he’s there, obviously) and what teams will offer him.
In the end, it’s about the money and who offers the most. But right now Morrow is part of the bottleneck, waiting his turn.
- LeBron’s 30-point performance leads Cavaliers to hard-fought Game 2 win over Celtics 0
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Spurs look for ways to contain Chris Paul 1
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Can Memphis keep Damian Lillard in check? 0
- Report: Suns’ Morris twins charged with aggravated assault 9
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 9
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 6
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 14