Jul 11, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
If you want to stick in the NBA as a role player, be great at one thing.
Anthony Morrow does exactly that — he shot 45.1 percent from three last season. He’s not going to give you a lot of rebounding or defense or much of anything else, but the man can shoot the rock.
And a lot of teams could use a guy who can knock down threes, so he has options at this point in free agency, reports David Aldridge of TNT and NBA.com.
FA guard Anthony Morrow still considering the Clippers, Heat, Wizards, Raptors and Suns, per source. All willing to use some portion of MLE.—
David Aldridge (@daldridgetnt) July 10, 2014
To be clear, Aldridge meant teams would want to use money up to the mid-level exception amount, although likely only a portion of it (or an equivalent sum not from the MLE itself).
Those are some good teams that could use Morrow, but he likely waits to see both how the LeBron James saga plays out (Miami far more attractive if he’s there, obviously) and what teams will offer him.
In the end, it’s about the money and who offers the most. But right now Morrow is part of the bottleneck, waiting his turn.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 7
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 21
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 54
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 25
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65