Jul 11, 2014, 6:13 PM EDT
Without adding a star to play with Kobe Bryant, the Lakers are headed toward another lost season.
At least, this time, they should be more entertaining.
Kobe and Lin are draws, and so is Nick Young, a native Angelino who wanted to stay with his hometown team.
Shams Charania of RealGM:
Lin, Young, Kobe, Julius Randle and – if they somehow convince him to stay – Pau Gasol make a really intriguing lineup.
Not due to basketball. That team has almost no chance of making the playoffs in the West.
But the Lakers are full of personality, and that should sell tickets. Don’t underestimate what Young brings to the table. Based on what happened last year, I’m really hoping we get more of Young:
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 3
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 5
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1