Jul 11, 2014, 6:13 PM EDT
Without adding a star to play with Kobe Bryant, the Lakers are headed toward another lost season.
At least, this time, they should be more entertaining.
Kobe and Lin are draws, and so is Nick Young, a native Angelino who wanted to stay with his hometown team.
Shams Charania of RealGM:
Lin, Young, Kobe, Julius Randle and – if they somehow convince him to stay – Pau Gasol make a really intriguing lineup.
Not due to basketball. That team has almost no chance of making the playoffs in the West.
But the Lakers are full of personality, and that should sell tickets. Don’t underestimate what Young brings to the table. Based on what happened last year, I’m really hoping we get more of Young:
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 7
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 12
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 2
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 20
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 97
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 11
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 78
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27