Jul 11, 2014, 6:13 PM EDT
Without adding a star to play with Kobe Bryant, the Lakers are headed toward another lost season.
At least, this time, they should be more entertaining.
Kobe and Lin are draws, and so is Nick Young, a native Angelino who wanted to stay with his hometown team.
Shams Charania of RealGM:
Lin, Young, Kobe, Julius Randle and – if they somehow convince him to stay – Pau Gasol make a really intriguing lineup.
Not due to basketball. That team has almost no chance of making the playoffs in the West.
But the Lakers are full of personality, and that should sell tickets. Don’t underestimate what Young brings to the table. Based on what happened last year, I’m really hoping we get more of Young:
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 9
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 12
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 15
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 17
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11