Jul 11, 2014, 6:13 PM EDT
Without adding a star to play with Kobe Bryant, the Lakers are headed toward another lost season.
At least, this time, they should be more entertaining.
Kobe and Lin are draws, and so is Nick Young, a native Angelino who wanted to stay with his hometown team.
Shams Charania of RealGM:
Lin, Young, Kobe, Julius Randle and – if they somehow convince him to stay – Pau Gasol make a really intriguing lineup.
Not due to basketball. That team has almost no chance of making the playoffs in the West.
But the Lakers are full of personality, and that should sell tickets. Don’t underestimate what Young brings to the table. Based on what happened last year, I’m really hoping we get more of Young:
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 22
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49