Jul 11, 2014, 12:35 AM EDT
The city, not the Heat – at least not necessarily.
Chris Broussard of ESPN and Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports have the details:
Is Dwyane Wade making a final pitch to LeBron? Are they sharing a last hurrah together?
More importantly: What will LeBron do?
If both the Cavaliers and Heat expect an answer before he leaves the country, that’s telling. I’d guess they won’t be let down on that.
However, LeBron is under no obligation to decide before heading to the World Cup. He can deliberate as long as he wants.
No matter what the teams expect, the ball is in LeBron’s court – just as it’s always been.
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 15
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 19
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 4
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 38
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 3
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 30
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 22