Jul 11, 2014, 5:21 PM EDT
Chris Bosh is moving closer to accepting an offer to join the Houston Rockets, and the last remaining member of the Big Three is reportedly being courted, as well.
The Chicago Bulls are interested in discussing a deal with free-agent guard Dwyane Wade, league sources told Yahoo Sports.
The crumbling of the Miami Heat’s Big Three on Friday leaves Wade facing a future without LeBron James and Chris Bosh in Miami, and a Heat franchise facing a rebuilding situation again. …
Wade grew up in Chicago, and took a meeting in 2010 free agency with the Bulls. Knee problems have limited him the past two years, and the uncertainty about his future may have played some part in James’ decision to join a younger core in Cleveland.
Chicago isn’t going to make any moves until they hear from Carmelo one way or another, but Wade is at least on their radar as someone they’d like to pursue.
Wade has spent his entire career in Miami, so it’s unclear what his interest level would be in leaving — especially after opting out of the final two years of his deal with the Heat that would have paid him $42 million guaranteed. It’s more than likely that Wade was promised at least that much (if not more) stretched over a four- or five-year deal to help Miami gain some financial flexibility, and he’d certainly be offered nowhere near that amount to join the Bulls.
But Wade is from Chicago, and much like it was with LeBron, the allure of returning home at this stage of his career might make it a very real option.
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 0
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 10
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 9
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 6
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 38
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 6
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 15