Report: After cross-country plane flight with him, Dwyane Wade doesn’t know what LeBron James will do
Jul 11, 2014, 11:32 AM EDT
What does that mean? The two are good friends.
Wade then went from Vegas to Miami with LeBron on his private jet, before LeBron flew on to Brazil for the World Cup final.
What does that mean? They both live in the same city and shared a flight.
Beyond that, don’t read much into it. In fact, after all that Wade doesn’t know what LeBron will do, reports Adrian Wojnarowski at Yahoo Sports.
LeBron James is taking his time with a huge decision — that is not only his right, it’s the smart thing to do. When you’re faced with a big, difficult life decision you talk it over with family and take your time trying to make the best choice. In this case LeBron doesn’t owe us or anyone else (not the Houston Rockets on the clock with Chandler Parsons and an offer to Chris Bosh) anything. He’d probably like to make a decision before going to Brazil for the World Cup — it’s hard to fully enjoy anything when you have a decision constantly occupying part of your thoughts — but he doesn’t have to.
There have been media reports (some from respectable reporters) of the certainty of LeBron returning to Cleveland, but it sounds like LeBron doesn’t know yet. Understand that there are people around to LeBron who have pushed this for some time and want to see this happen — LeBron and his posse had the complete and total run of the Cavaliers organization for years, they had real power and influence that they do not have in the same way in Miami. There are basketball reasons you can argue for LeBron to return to Cleveland, but that’s not always everybody’s motivation.
LeBron has matured these past four years — leaving Cleveland was like leaving home to go to college for him and like all of us when we first moved out of our parent’s house we matured. The question now is does he want to go back home or not?
Only LeBron can answer that, and it’s a big question. It sounds like he doesn’t know, so he is taking his time.
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 6
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 4
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27