Jul 11, 2014, 9:39 PM EDT
LAS VEGAS – New Cavaliers head coach David Blatt is in Las Vegas to coach Cleveland’s Summer League team, and met with the media before Friday’s main event — a game featuring a matchup of the top two overall picks in the draft in Cleveland’s Andrew Wiggins and Milwaukee’s Jabari Parker.
The topic of conversation, obviously, wasn’t about his debut as an NBA head coach. Instead, it was about LeBron James choosing to return to the Cavaliers in free agency — an occurrence that couldn’t have left Blatt any more excited.
“To say that I’m excited and happy would probably qualify as one of the great understatements of the millennium,” Blatt said. “I was in practice this morning, and in the middle of the practice, someone let out a shriek — and I understood it wasn’t because of the weather, and realized that something special has happened.”
Check out the rest of Blatt’s remarks in the video clip above, via CSNNW.com.
- LeBron scores 36, Cavaliers bounce back to get overtime win over Bulls 0
- Ricky Rubio agrees to 4-year, $55 million contract extension with Timberwolves 4
- Report: Warriors agree to four-year, $70 million extension with Klay Thompson 13
- Can Thunder, without Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, overcome their first identity crisis? 13
- Jazz guard Alec Burks signs contract extension worth $42 million-$45 million 11
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 12
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 2
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, likely out 4-6 weeks 10