Jul 11, 2014, 9:39 PM EDT
LAS VEGAS – New Cavaliers head coach David Blatt is in Las Vegas to coach Cleveland’s Summer League team, and met with the media before Friday’s main event — a game featuring a matchup of the top two overall picks in the draft in Cleveland’s Andrew Wiggins and Milwaukee’s Jabari Parker.
The topic of conversation, obviously, wasn’t about his debut as an NBA head coach. Instead, it was about LeBron James choosing to return to the Cavaliers in free agency — an occurrence that couldn’t have left Blatt any more excited.
“To say that I’m excited and happy would probably qualify as one of the great understatements of the millennium,” Blatt said. “I was in practice this morning, and in the middle of the practice, someone let out a shriek — and I understood it wasn’t because of the weather, and realized that something special has happened.”
Check out the rest of Blatt’s remarks in the video clip above, via CSNNW.com.
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 0
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 3
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27