Jul 11, 2014, 9:39 PM EDT
LAS VEGAS — New Cavaliers head coach David Blatt is in Las Vegas to coach Cleveland’s Summer League team, and met with the media before Friday’s main event — a game featuring a matchup of the top two overall picks in the draft in Cleveland’s Andrew Wiggins and Milwaukee’s Jabari Parker.
The topic of conversation, obviously, wasn’t about his debut as an NBA head coach. Instead, it was about LeBron James choosing to return to the Cavaliers in free agency — an occurrence that couldn’t have left Blatt any more excited.
“To say that I’m excited and happy would probably qualify as one of the great understatements of the millennium,” Blatt said. “I was in practice this morning, and in the middle of the practice, someone let out a shriek — and I understood it wasn’t because of the weather, and realized that something special has happened.”
Check out the rest of Blatt’s remarks in the video clip above, via CSNNW.com.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 7
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 23
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 24
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9