Jul 11, 2014, 9:39 PM EDT
LAS VEGAS — New Cavaliers head coach David Blatt is in Las Vegas to coach Cleveland’s Summer League team, and met with the media before Friday’s main event — a game featuring a matchup of the top two overall picks in the draft in Cleveland’s Andrew Wiggins and Milwaukee’s Jabari Parker.
The topic of conversation, obviously, wasn’t about his debut as an NBA head coach. Instead, it was about LeBron James choosing to return to the Cavaliers in free agency — an occurrence that couldn’t have left Blatt any more excited.
“To say that I’m excited and happy would probably qualify as one of the great understatements of the millennium,” Blatt said. “I was in practice this morning, and in the middle of the practice, someone let out a shriek — and I understood it wasn’t because of the weather, and realized that something special has happened.”
Check out the rest of Blatt’s remarks in the video clip above, via CSNNW.com.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 13
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 32
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28