Jul 10, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
Every team could use a little muscle up front, the Phoenix Suns are going to keep theirs from last season.
The Suns have reached a three-year, $16.5 million deal to keep power forward P.J. Tucker in house, something first reported by Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports and since confirmed by other reports.
That’s a fair price. Tucker was a fan favorite and a gritty enforcer, a defensive specialist who shot 38.7 percent from three last season to provide a little value at the other end.
Tucker had been in talks with the Suns for a few days and this early in free agency, with so many bigger names out there other teams hadn’t focused on him yet.
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Santa brings Warriors top spot, lump of coal for Knicks 6
- Clippers, Mavericks, Rockets and Kings reportedly interested in signing Josh Smith 12
- Pistons release Josh Smith. WHAT? 52
- Lakers may give Kobe Bryant some nights off to rest. If he wants them. 27
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 13
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 20