Jul 10, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Every team could use a little muscle up front, the Phoenix Suns are going to keep theirs from last season.
The Suns have reached a three-year, $16.5 million deal to keep power forward P.J. Tucker in house, something first reported by Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports and since confirmed by other reports.
That’s a fair price. Tucker was a fan favorite and a gritty enforcer, a defensive specialist who shot 38.7 percent from three last season to provide a little value at the other end.
Tucker had been in talks with the Suns for a few days and this early in free agency, with so many bigger names out there other teams hadn’t focused on him yet.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 2
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 6
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 26
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 21
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17