Jul 10, 2014, 8:44 AM EDT
After making a three-way trade that clears cap space for LeBron James, the Cavaliers immediately let it be known they wanted to court other players James is fond of.
Cleveland was clearly trying to coax LeBron into signing there. Maybe the Cavaliers can’t land any of those three, but an enthusiasm for LeBron’s friends could only help.
However, Cleveland is running into serious competition for Miller.
Chris Broussard of ESPN:
The Nuggets once seemed like a longshot for Miller. If they’re now the favorites, I’d guess they’re willing to pay him the most.
Miller, 34, is clearly on the downside of his career. But he can still shoot 3-pointers, and he’d have a good shot of cracking a role in the Nuggets’ already-deep rotation.
For the Cavaliers, Miller signing with the Nuggets would be one less avenue for tempting LeBron. I can’t think of a better way to start a bidding war – though Cleveland can’t add much salary while preserving max space for LeBron.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 32
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23