Jul 10, 2014, 1:44 PM EDT
Stretch fours have never been more valuable on the NBA marketplace.
And while Anthony Tolliver has plenty of holes in his game, he’s 6’8” and shot 41.3 percent from three last season in Charlotte and that’s going to draw some attention. Six teams have shown some level of interest in Tolliver, reports Real GM (via Eye on Basketball).
Free agent Anthony Tolliver has been in substantial conversations with six NBA teams – including the Los Angeles Clippers and Cleveland Cavaliers – as a stretch-forward addition, league sources told RealGM.
Tolliver has also received interest from the Detroit Pistons, Washington Wizards, San Antonio Spurs and Charlotte Hornets among other organizations, sources said, and teams expect a possible signing next week.
Expect it to take a little longer than that, and know this is likely an agent or someone in the Tolliver camp talking him up. Tolliver is the kind of player teams get to after they’ve gone through their other options. He brings a valued skill to the floor but not much else and teams can wait on him.
Still, he’s going to be getting NBA checks next season and possibly on a good to very good team.
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Preview: Washington Wizards vs. Atlanta Hawks 0
- Adjusting for playoff rotations round two: Watch out for the Wizards 0
- Hobbled Chris Paul, Clippers’ role players do just enough to dethrone Spurs in Game 7 18
- Chris Paul banks in game winner to lift Clippers past Spurs (VIDEO) 25
- Report: Bulls’ Mike Dunleavy won’t be suspended for Game 1 against Cavaliers 22
- PBT Extra: Can Clippers build on Game 6 win? 2
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Derrick Rose got it done on both ends in first round 2
- Hawks eliminate Nets from playoffs with blowout victory in Game 6 9