Jul 10, 2014, 1:44 PM EST
Stretch fours have never been more valuable on the NBA marketplace.
And while Anthony Tolliver has plenty of holes in his game, he’s 6’8” and shot 41.3 percent from three last season in Charlotte and that’s going to draw some attention. Six teams have shown some level of interest in Tolliver, reports Real GM (via Eye on Basketball).
Free agent Anthony Tolliver has been in substantial conversations with six NBA teams – including the Los Angeles Clippers and Cleveland Cavaliers – as a stretch-forward addition, league sources told RealGM.
Tolliver has also received interest from the Detroit Pistons, Washington Wizards, San Antonio Spurs and Charlotte Hornets among other organizations, sources said, and teams expect a possible signing next week.
Expect it to take a little longer than that, and know this is likely an agent or someone in the Tolliver camp talking him up. Tolliver is the kind of player teams get to after they’ve gone through their other options. He brings a valued skill to the floor but not much else and teams can wait on him.
Still, he’s going to be getting NBA checks next season and possibly on a good to very good team.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 0
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 10
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 9
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 50
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7