Jul 10, 2014, 5:59 PM EDT
It’s not just you, Phil Jackson is waiting, too.
Carmelo Anthony met with five teams last week and took the long holiday weekend to mull over his free agency decision, with announcement expected Monday… but nothing. It’s now heading into Thursday night and still nothing, outside a reports it’s down to the Knicks and Lakers.
There are reports Anthony will stay in New York and Jackson said he is optimistic, but if you want something official, sorry.
Jackson spoke to the New York media Thursday and had a “no update” update on free agency, as tweeted by Chris Herring of the Wall Street Journal.
Gasol has options, too — the Lakers, Bulls, Spurs, Thunder and even Heat have reached out to him.
But Gasol is waiting to see what LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony will do before making his decision.
Like the rest of us. Including Phil Jackson.
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 2
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 2
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 6
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 13
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 16
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 11
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 23