Jul 10, 2014, 5:59 PM EST
It’s not just you, Phil Jackson is waiting, too.
Carmelo Anthony met with five teams last week and took the long holiday weekend to mull over his free agency decision, with announcement expected Monday… but nothing. It’s now heading into Thursday night and still nothing, outside a reports it’s down to the Knicks and Lakers.
There are reports Anthony will stay in New York and Jackson said he is optimistic, but if you want something official, sorry.
Jackson spoke to the New York media Thursday and had a “no update” update on free agency, as tweeted by Chris Herring of the Wall Street Journal.
Gasol has options, too — the Lakers, Bulls, Spurs, Thunder and even Heat have reached out to him.
But Gasol is waiting to see what LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony will do before making his decision.
Like the rest of us. Including Phil Jackson.
- Pistons release Josh Smith. WHAT? 16
- Lakers may give Kobe Bryant some nights off to rest. If he wants them. 20
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 9
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 20
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 14
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10