Jul 10, 2014, 5:59 PM EST
It’s not just you, Phil Jackson is waiting, too.
Carmelo Anthony met with five teams last week and took the long holiday weekend to mull over his free agency decision, with announcement expected Monday… but nothing. It’s now heading into Thursday night and still nothing, outside a reports it’s down to the Knicks and Lakers.
There are reports Anthony will stay in New York and Jackson said he is optimistic, but if you want something official, sorry.
Jackson spoke to the New York media Thursday and had a “no update” update on free agency, as tweeted by Chris Herring of the Wall Street Journal.
Gasol has options, too — the Lakers, Bulls, Spurs, Thunder and even Heat have reached out to him.
But Gasol is waiting to see what LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony will do before making his decision.
Like the rest of us. Including Phil Jackson.
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 4
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 4
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 30
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6