Jul 10, 2014, 5:59 PM EDT
It’s not just you, Phil Jackson is waiting, too.
Carmelo Anthony met with five teams last week and took the long holiday weekend to mull over his free agency decision, with announcement expected Monday… but nothing. It’s now heading into Thursday night and still nothing, outside a reports it’s down to the Knicks and Lakers.
There are reports Anthony will stay in New York and Jackson said he is optimistic, but if you want something official, sorry.
Jackson spoke to the New York media Thursday and had a “no update” update on free agency, as tweeted by Chris Herring of the Wall Street Journal.
Gasol has options, too — the Lakers, Bulls, Spurs, Thunder and even Heat have reached out to him.
But Gasol is waiting to see what LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony will do before making his decision.
Like the rest of us. Including Phil Jackson.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 8
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 42
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11