Jul 10, 2014, 5:40 PM EDT
LeBron James is not at his home in Bath, Ohio, outside his native Akron (not far from Cleveland). LeBron is in Las Vegas for his skills camp and is going straight from there to Brazil for the World Cup Final because if you’re LeBron you can. His family is not in Ohio, either.
Yet people are gathering at his home in Bath — and police are now there to keep the situation calm — as Twitter and internet rumors swirl that an announcement on LeBron’s future is coming tonight. Rumors without much behind them, but it doesn’t matter. People are showing up at the empty house because…
I got nothing. But here is the proof, via Jon Bozeka of Mary Kilpatrck.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30