Jul 10, 2014, 5:40 PM EDT
LeBron James is not at his home in Bath, Ohio, outside his native Akron (not far from Cleveland). LeBron is in Las Vegas for his skills camp and is going straight from there to Brazil for the World Cup Final because if you’re LeBron you can. His family is not in Ohio, either.
Yet people are gathering at his home in Bath — and police are now there to keep the situation calm — as Twitter and internet rumors swirl that an announcement on LeBron’s future is coming tonight. Rumors without much behind them, but it doesn’t matter. People are showing up at the empty house because…
I got nothing. But here is the proof, via Jon Bozeka of Mary Kilpatrck.
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 0
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 3
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 21
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 61
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 82