Jul 10, 2014, 5:40 PM EDT
LeBron James is not at his home in Bath, Ohio, outside his native Akron (not far from Cleveland). LeBron is in Las Vegas for his skills camp and is going straight from there to Brazil for the World Cup Final because if you’re LeBron you can. His family is not in Ohio, either.
Yet people are gathering at his home in Bath — and police are now there to keep the situation calm — as Twitter and internet rumors swirl that an announcement on LeBron’s future is coming tonight. Rumors without much behind them, but it doesn’t matter. People are showing up at the empty house because…
I got nothing. But here is the proof, via Jon Bozeka of Mary Kilpatrck.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 19
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 32
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28