Jul 10, 2014, 12:02 PM EST
Jusuf Nurkic, the No. 16 pick in the 2014 NBA draft, won’t be spending another season in Europe as previously reported.
Nurkic, who was selected by the Bulls for the Nuggets, is headed to the Denver this summer.
David Pick of Eurobasket.com:
The Nuggets can contribute $600,000 for Nurkic’s buyout without it counting against team salary, so I’m guessing something got lost in translation there. But I believe the gist of the report.Nurkic gives Denver a third center behind JaVale McGee and Timofey Mozgov. If he supplants those two in the rotation, all the better. His upside is impressive, but it’s likely he doesn’t contribute much immediately.I’m not sure whether the Nuggets want Nurkic on their payroll this season, but at least he won’t cut into their cap space – they wouldn’t have any, anyway – and they can develop him in-house.
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 0
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 9
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 44
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 16
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12