Jul 10, 2014, 12:02 PM EST
Jusuf Nurkic, the No. 16 pick in the 2014 NBA draft, won’t be spending another season in Europe as previously reported.
Nurkic, who was selected by the Bulls for the Nuggets, is headed to the Denver this summer.
David Pick of Eurobasket.com:
The Nuggets can contribute $600,000 for Nurkic’s buyout without it counting against team salary, so I’m guessing something got lost in translation there. But I believe the gist of the report.Nurkic gives Denver a third center behind JaVale McGee and Timofey Mozgov. If he supplants those two in the rotation, all the better. His upside is impressive, but it’s likely he doesn’t contribute much immediately.I’m not sure whether the Nuggets want Nurkic on their payroll this season, but at least he won’t cut into their cap space – they wouldn’t have any, anyway – and they can develop him in-house.
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 0
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 6
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60