Jul 10, 2014, 12:02 PM EST
Jusuf Nurkic, the No. 16 pick in the 2014 NBA draft, won’t be spending another season in Europe as previously reported.
Nurkic, who was selected by the Bulls for the Nuggets, is headed to the Denver this summer.
David Pick of Eurobasket.com:
The Nuggets can contribute $600,000 for Nurkic’s buyout without it counting against team salary, so I’m guessing something got lost in translation there. But I believe the gist of the report.Nurkic gives Denver a third center behind JaVale McGee and Timofey Mozgov. If he supplants those two in the rotation, all the better. His upside is impressive, but it’s likely he doesn’t contribute much immediately.I’m not sure whether the Nuggets want Nurkic on their payroll this season, but at least he won’t cut into their cap space – they wouldn’t have any, anyway – and they can develop him in-house.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 0
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 8
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13