Jul 10, 2014, 12:02 PM EDT
Jusuf Nurkic, the No. 16 pick in the 2014 NBA draft, won’t be spending another season in Europe as previously reported.
Nurkic, who was selected by the Bulls for the Nuggets, is headed to the Denver this summer.
David Pick of Eurobasket.com:
The Nuggets can contribute $600,000 for Nurkic’s buyout without it counting against team salary, so I’m guessing something got lost in translation there. But I believe the gist of the report.Nurkic gives Denver a third center behind JaVale McGee and Timofey Mozgov. If he supplants those two in the rotation, all the better. His upside is impressive, but it’s likely he doesn’t contribute much immediately.I’m not sure whether the Nuggets want Nurkic on their payroll this season, but at least he won’t cut into their cap space – they wouldn’t have any, anyway – and they can develop him in-house.
- Steve Kerr and David Blatt meet again, this time as rookie coaches in the NBA Finals 0
- PBT Extra: Will Kevin Love, Dwyane Wade be moving on? 19
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson cleared to play in Game 1 9
- PBT Extra: Who is better positioned as a new coach, Hoiberg or Gentry? 21
- LeBron James leads the league in isolation shots during the playoffs. How’s that going? 23
- How do the Cavaliers defend Stephen Curry? 16
- Warriors have options to guard LeBron James, but he’ll make them work 34
- What kind of coach is Chicago getting with Fred Hoiberg? 16